+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Would you risk drafting a WR in the first round though knowing our holes?
    I can turn it around though and say would you rather take that risk and then using that 8 million elsewhere? Like a stud LT? Personally, I think I would. We all know that it won't matter who we have at WR as much if Eli isn't upright.

And I don't get those who say Cruz is not worth it. This guy is the next generation Wes Welker, with a little more explosion. And he's coming into his prime. Of course he's gonna get paid.

agree with u rudy, rf, nygisballing, and shakenbake.

i get the feeling that the consensus is we gotta re-sign him, even if its at market price. its tough. but i certainly see and agree with the perspective that a healthy cruz, nicks, and randle will be LETHAL, especially with a Hixon and even a JJ as understudies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Would you like an official ruling?
    As in "replay" Hell yes
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    GREAT POINT. GREAT.

look to the senior citizens of our boards for true perspective.

Hey! I resemble that remark.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    agree with u rudy, rf, nygisballing, and shakenbake.

i get the feeling that the consensus is we gotta re-sign him, even if its at market price. its tough. but i certainly see and agree with the perspective that a healthy cruz, nicks, and randle will be LETHAL, especially with a Hixon and even a JJ as understudies.
    They won't release Jernigan while he's still working on his rookie contract, but Barden has to go.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I can turn it around though and say would you rather take that risk and then using that 8 million elsewhere? Like a stud LT? Personally, I think I would. We all know that it won't matter who we have at WR as much if Eli isn't upright.
    Yeah you have to remember this is a guy who we picked up as a UFA, and to replace him we would need to burn a high round draft pick or pickup someone in FA, and even then its not a guarantee that we will get the same type of production.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    They won't release Jernigan while he's still working on his rookie contract, but Barden has to go.
    Barden sucks, he is Anthony Mix II

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    YOU GUYS ARE DREAMING TOP WR commands the going rate, he probably will take less to stay here but it will still be a high figure to lock him up during his prime.

now maybe some of you will see the problem with all the restructuring and bloated contracts hitting us now.
    Agreed. He is a top WR. Not elite though.

In fact, I plan to start 50 threads about it....but first I want to compare his first season with Randy Moss'

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    True, but i dont' think Cruz is some immense talent that couldn't be found in the first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He's a damn good talent who has worked in this system for three years and had back to back 1,000 yard seasons. I can't imagine replacing him with a draft pick and not losing ground.

If we go for WR first round, the problems we are having do not get addressed once again.
    I agree. We may not see dividends immediately, since it cometimes takes some time for WRs to get up to speed, but it will pay off in a couple years. We have the 8-10 million elsewhere to use. Everyone is clamoring over the OLine. Why not a stud LT? If all of a sudden Eli has more time to throw, will it offset the loss of Cruz? Keep in mind that we'll have Nicks for at least one more year. So it's not like we'll have 2 green WRs running around out there.

But again, Nicks healthy is a big questionmark.

+ Reply to Thread