+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Oy, I'm begging you........

LOL

I really feel people on this board can't look past the fact that he was an UFA. If he had been a first round pick and put up the same numbers that he has, EVERYBODY would be like "PAY THE MAN!". But because the Giants gave him a shot, he owes the Giants a steep hometown discount. He's already given the Giants a steep discount by performing under his current deal. He deserves to get paid and the Giants will pay him.

$8 to $10MM seems way too high. WAY!!! to high.
    He's a very good player but I see a tad less than that.
    Maybe 4 years, 25MM, or something like that.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    I really feel people on this board can't look past the fact that he was an UFA. If he had been a first round pick and put up the same numbers that he has, EVERYBODY would be like "PAY THE MAN!". But because the Giants gave him a shot, he owes the Giants a steep hometown discount. He's already given the Giants a steep discount by performing under his current deal. He deserves to get paid and the Giants will pay him.
    Sure...8-10 million is still a lot, and we have other pieces to sign as well.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    $8 to $10MM seems way too high. WAY!!! to high.
    He's a very good player but I see a tad less than that.
    Maybe 4 years, 25MM, or something like that.
    It's the going rate for recievers. If V. Jackson or D. Jackson or P. Garcon can all make 8-11 million, then Cruz can ask for the same. He's better than all those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Yeah, if Randle continues his rise, I think Nicks is a goner.
    My prediction: Someone takes a chance on Nicks with a huge contract that the Giants simply won't match and he won't live up to it unfortunately because of his injuries. Panthers or Dolphins maybe.

If that's what Cruz is asking for than WR just became a need.

Take the risk of losing Cruz. I meant, take the risk of losing cruz and if you do lose him - using that 8-10 million saved elsewhere.
    that's if you look at these players as chess pieces, and this organization does not.

cruz will be signed, he'll probably provide a bit of a hometown discount, but it'll be close to those figures above.

the organization sees his contribution as more than onfield, they see his work ethic as leading by example in the locker room (called out Randle during the year saying if he puts in the time and work, he'll see more playing time) , they see his public community service as a benefit to the organization's image and contribution to the NJ/NY area, and they see his professional handling of the contract situation as a great example to make for other players: if you act like Cruz, you've got a much better chance of getting the contract you want vs. going the Osi route.

Cruz will get his number, i think the organization sees his value as alot more than a replacable slot receiver.

It really is a crap shoot. But at this point, I would put a 1st round tender. Worse comes to worse, we don't match it and we get a 1st round pick (potentially high one) and 8-10 million saved and see what our QB is made of. And I'm pretty confident Eli can do a decent job of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You're not going to get a 1st round pick to match Cruz's productivity or be in synch with Eli. WR is not a problem position for this team and if we waste a # 1 pick on one we once again ignore problems we definitely have on both lines.
    I guess we'll agree to disagree. We heard similar arguements with Steve Smith. That he and Eli were on the same page. That can be taught. And I'm fairly certain that at 1st round pick can matches Cruz production and more. But he could very well be a bust also. So who knows. It's one big calculated risk and if Reese's draft history is any indicator, he'll probably find someone decent (not necessarily a start) in the first round, and with the 8-10 million "freed", we go get us another piece of the puzzle - LT, DE, what have you. I think the sum of those 2 things > Cruz.

Edit: Another reason why I'm more willing to let Cruz go is because we have Eli. We have the luxury of having a QB that can work with less talented receivers than say Arizona or Jacksonville.

Coulda shoulda woulda. No one knows for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Everyone is saying pay the man, the problem is how much. BTW Cruz hasn't demanded that amount, that was an uneducated guess by the writer of the article based on what some other players recently signed for.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread