+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I think he slipped this year from last.
    Well he wasn't going for 1500 yards. To think that was going to happen would be silly.
    What this season proved is that he's not a one year wonder. He's a solid, high quality player who can perform even if he has to be the #1 guy, with Nicks out so much.
    No sir....this season enhanced his value. It did nothing to hurt it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    You gotta look at the other 31 teams in the league and see their WR situation. Heck, dudes like Kevin Boss received a decent pay day so you know someone like the Dolphins or Panthers will throw big bucks at him to give their young QB a #1.
    Of course they would. I'm just saying if they want to stay with the Giants..somethings gotta give..

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    I don't think you draft a guy in the second round to be a 3rd or 4th reciever for a prolonged period of time. I may be giving Reese too much credit here, but I think he foresaw being able to only keep one (Cruz or Nicks) and Randle is the insurance policy. The Giants can always find a 3rd or 4th reciever in FA or later in the draft. Heck, Hixon is already on the team.
    Well put it this way, if we had signed MM there is no way we would have drafted Randle.

You draft a guy to develop and hope he helps your team. But the need for WR became more significant when MM went to SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    His injury history doesn't help him, but he is still an elite receiver. Cruz is one of the best receivers in the game, but 8-10 is so much money. Both of them would need to demand less IMO if they want to stay with the team.
    Ok, lets say Nicks has a good year next year. Say, 1200 yards and 9 TDs, which would be his best year statistically. What do you do? Do you pay him premium money (10 Million/year +)because he put up a good year in his contract year? Because that's what kind of money he will be asking for. Considering his history, I don't know. It doesnt seem like a Giant thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Of course they would. I'm just saying if they want to stay with the Giants..somethings gotta give..
    We will only offer so much because of our depth (Randle) and the fact we can't tie too much into one position outside of QB. Considering what Nicks did in the 2011 playoffs and if he rebounds in 2013 with a 1k yard plus season, his agent is going to expect huge money that the Giants won't be able to match. I'm just arguing that the odds are we will see Nicks in a different uniform after 2013 but I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    I didn't read the article but I thought Roanoke said 8 million was an educated guess by the NY Post. The Post isn't the most accurate paper and is known to sensationalize stories.

I definitely wouldn't say Cruz excels mainly due to the scheme. He's the best route runner on the team and can shake a defender to get open unlike many other in the league. I rather have the skill set than a Mike Wallace/Desean Jackson type receiver.
    +1 ..The things people say sometimes.... if victor cruz doesnt have speed then i dont know what speed is..

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    By Victor no way I pay a slot receiver 10 million
    He's not a slot reciever. He's a reciever who happens to play in the slot. Ask the Jets or the Redskins if he is explosive enough.

Ok, lets say Nicks has a good year next year. Say, 1200 yards and 9 TDs, which would be his best year statistically. What do you do? Do you pay him premium money (10 Million/year +)because he put up a good year in his contract year? Because that's what kind of money he will be asking for. Considering his history, I don't know. It doesnt seem like a Giant thing to do.
    His history of injuries (even if he stays healthy next year) will keep his value down. I see him getting far less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well he wasn't going for 1500 yards. To think that was going to happen would be silly.
    What this season proved is that he's not a one year wonder. He's a solid, high quality player who can perform even if he has to be the #1 guy, with Nicks out so much.
    No sir....this season enhanced his value. It did nothing to hurt it.
    i agree. if anything, i think hes proven beyond a doubt, that the way he achieves his success is something he can sustain for a long time...he wont suddenly lose the ability at the styles he runs his routes, its not a speed type trait. thats why i said he reminds me of rice. rice was able to get open soley by how he ran his routes, which is so rare. cruz gets WIDE OPEN solely on how he runs his route physically...

edit- and thats from an individual skill set perspective. im not discussing how scheme is relevant in the above post. scheme and other factors play a big part too.
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 01-03-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Interesting. He probably would be gone if he's demanding that much money. If that is the case, Randle should step in. The thing is, Randle was brought in to replace Manningham, not Nicks.

+ Reply to Thread