+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

5-6 mil per year, 5 yr deal, with a signing bonus that wont count to the cap of 10 mil. that way he gets to the 8 mil per mathematically...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    yes, and I was saying at $8-10 million I would pass on Cruz
    Fair enough.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    You guys are harping on someone saying he would pass on that deal if it did come true.

People need a reality check here and stop acting like they're on top of the world.
    No one is behaving like they're on top of the world. We all need to get used to this happening because this is likely what will end up happening.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    How did Desean Jackson get nearly 10million a season?
    as ridiculous as that is, djax still does have a trait he can depend on regardless of team or scheme; speed.

cruz doesnt have that elite measurement trait, and while cruz is 5x the wr djax is (imo), in the FA market, traits like speed bc the highest priced commodities. look at the mike wallace situation...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    u cant compare all the success cruz has had to a guy like vincent jackson bc scheme plays as big a part in cruz's success as anything. its not like he has a trait like speed or strength as the reason he has been successful, meaning, its not guaranteed he goes to another team and is the same player bc on another team, he wont be able to rely on scheme as a trait like a wr would speed, or size. dont get me wrong, cruz is a beast and a helluva player. 8 mil is pricing himself out of our range tho i have to believe. dammit i was hoping he'd be cool in the 5-6 mil range, i really hope he comes down a little to that number per season bc then we will re-sign him long term and then nicks too...
    I didn't read the article but I thought Roanoke said 8 million was an educated guess by the NY Post. The Post isn't the most accurate paper and is known to sensationalize stories.

I definitely wouldn't say Cruz excels mainly due to the scheme. He's the best route runner on the team and can shake a defender to get open unlike many other in the league. I rather have the skill set than a Mike Wallace/Desean Jackson type receiver.

Reese won't overpay for anyone. Let's consider waiting for the actual details to leak out before we start chanting "Cruz Must Go."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    I didn't read the article but I thought Roanoke said 8 million was an educated guess by the NY Post. The Post isn't the most accurate paper and is known to sensationalize stories.

I definitely wouldn't say Cruz excels mainly due to the scheme. He's the best route runner on the team and can shake a defender to get open unlike many other in the league. I rather have the skill set than a Mike Wallace/Desean Jackson type receiver.
    UNEDUCATED
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    You don't overpay system players. The same people who are saying we should give Cruz ~10 million a year are probably the ones that were saying Steve Smith was irreplaceable.

That article is entirely speculative, don't take it as fact. Cruz's market value would be in that range but who knows what his team is actually asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    That article is entirely speculative, don't take it as fact. Cruz's market value would be in that range but who knows what his team is actually asking for.
    Jesus, FINALLY

+ Reply to Thread