+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I say get rid of nicks, keep cruz, groom randel
    I rather get rid of dead weight on the team ( insert players name) and try and keep all three.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Don't steal my thunder! I'm prepping the "is he elite?" thread now.....I'm shooting for 100 pages
    Can't spell elite without 100 pages of nonsense!

i can say that we are no more certain of what JR will do lol. this thread has had a ton of good points and valid perspectives, and i dunno if we're any closer to a certainty of what's gonna happen. such a tough situation it really is. whatever happens, theres gonna be tons of people who are angry/ecstatic...

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    I rather get rid of dead weight on the team ( insert players name) and try and keep all three.
    Surprised that nobody brought this up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Yeah but you are basically saying if he can do what Nicks can do then we're good to go. If he CAN then there's not a problem.
    Im convinced he can already to more than what Nicks did last year. Not saying much, I know. Unfortunately we can't keep everybody we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That is a very huge if lol.
    Again, having Nicks and Cruz level receivers as your #1 and #2 is a luxury. Most teams don't have that sort of talent and instead "move" that productivity elsewhere. Randle doesn't have to be Nicks good because we can rely on the TE more and perhaps Wilson will reach his top potential so there isn't a huge need for an elite WR duo like we had in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    This x100. I think this approach is the smartest way. If I had to choose between a Healthy Nicks or a Healthy Cruz for 10 million, it would be Nicks every day. I agree with Ranier that Cruz lacks physicality. If you look at the top end WRs, they all have that physicality about them. To determine a WR's worth, the question you have to ask I think is, how well would he do on a bad team? I have no doubts that Nicks would be able to battle other defenders for poorly thrown balls in lots of traffic. Cruz? I don't think so.

i think nicks is capable of being more productive on this team than cruz. However nicks is more replaceable. In other words, we can find another person to do a good job filling the 1 role (randel), but replacing cruz would be harder. Many wont agree with me on this but i really do believe nicks is a little overrated too. The guy is good but the next number 1 will step up. watch

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Again, having Nicks and Cruz level receivers as your #1 and #2 is a luxury. Most teams don't have that sort of talent and instead "move" that productivity elsewhere. Randle doesn't have to be Nicks good because we can rely on the TE more and perhaps Wilson will reach his top potential so there isn't a huge need for an elite WR duo like we had in 2011.
    even more valid if money can be allocated to making the OL kick ***

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I say get rid of nicks, keep cruz, groom randel
    I say we tender Cruz, get a 1st from another team, stockpile picks, and make a push for Clowney in 2014. At that point, we can laugh at the opposing QB as he gets clobbered by JPP and the Clown repeatedly.

...That's why I'm not a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Agreed

+ Reply to Thread