+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Nicks had an off year completely due to injuries... and missed 6 games in 3 years prior.... He is such a quality receiver I am AMAZED how undervalued he is here.

We NEED Hakeem Nicks period.
    I completely agree with this.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I completely agree with this.
    I agree. If you want to build a dominate WR unit, it's gotta be from the split-end to in, not from the slot to out. Dominating X receivers open the whole offense up. Dominating slot receivers convert first downs, and maintain drives. Cruz actually can make big plays too, which is also very valuable asset.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I'd tender Cruz for this year. That's too much right now.
    The problem with a tender is you can lose the player:

Excerpt: "Restricted free agents -- three-year players with expiring contracts -- can receive offers from other teams, but the incumbent team has a right to match. Should it not match, it is entitled to draft-choice compensation corresponding to the level of tender placed on the player.

Personnel experts usually identify the time between the third and fifth year of a player's career as the "sweet spot" in the player's performance arc, meaning there's sufficient development without excessive wear and tear. And from a front office vantage point, teams would rather pay a discounted price for a restricted free agent than pay "retail" for unrestricted free agents. Yet RFAs have been largely ignored. Let's analyze the recent past:" Read more...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/78...rge-extinction
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Yeah, maybe in 10 million range, but then you wonder if someone who's only had one true dominating year is worth 10 mil a year. You want someone paid like that to be the cornerstone of their respective side of the ball, not a component that shoulders more responsibility.
    You don't think back to back 1,000 yard seasons is dominating?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Nicks had an off year completely due to injuries... and missed 6 games in 3 years prior.... He is such a quality receiver I am AMAZED how undervalued he is here.

Nail hit directly on head.

I agree right now. But, being the Devil's Advocate, suppose Nicks continues to have injury issues in the 2013 season and Randle starts to become a play maker. Will he still be undervalued in 2014?

Reese never overpays and that won't change with Cruz, the contract will be beneficial to the team and Cruz, I could see a lot of incentives involved.

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    Reese never overpays and that won't change with Cruz, the contract will be beneficial to the team and Cruz, I could see a lot of incentives involved.
    Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty come to minds as exceptions.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I agree right now. But, being the Devil's Advocate, suppose Nicks continues to have injury issues in the 2013 season and Randle starts to become a play maker. Will he still be undervalued in 2014?
    Well if 2013 is a repeat of 2012 obviously not.

...but when I hear "injury issues" or "injury prone", a player like Bradshaw is what comes to mind... he's had bad feet, he had bad feet this year and no doubt will have bad feet in the future. Nicks broke his foot THIS year, he came back nearly recovered had a 200 yard game and then had his almost fully healed foot stepped on and had obvious setbacks. Next season will tell if hes injury prone, not what happened this year.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Banned
    Well if 2013 is a repeat of 2012 obviously not.

...but when I hear "injury issues" or "injury prone", a player like Bradshaw is what comes to mind... he's had bad feet, he had bad feet this year and no doubt will have bad feet in the future. Nicks broke his foot THIS year, he came back nearly recovered had a 200 yard game and then had his almost fully healed foot stepped on and had obvious setbacks. Next season will tell if hes injury prone, not what happened this year.
    Agreed, missing 2 games per season on average is not injury prone