Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Reese won't overpay for anyone.
    Diehl
    Tuck
    Webster
    Canty
    Rolle

And that's just off the top of my head, and not counting overpaids that are on the way out like Osi...

That said, Cruz is worth 7-8M or so...

Still thinking 7 year for $7mil/year for around a $50 million dollar deal.
    --80--

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    i agree in principal, but are you willing to lose him based on $2-3 mill a season knowing that Nicks style of play is wearing his body down?
    I think this move will come down to our current depth between the outside and slot receiver positions. If you can only keep one (and I sadly think that will be the case) do you trust Jernigan to replace Cruz or Randle to replace Nicks? Usually the tall men with elite speed (Megatron, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, etc) get the big bucks because of how they dominate with their raw athletic ability but those guys also aren't constantly dinged up or have someone like Cruz in the slot competing with them for a long term contract. It's going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Diehl
    Tuck
    Webster
    Canty
    Rolle

And that's just off the top of my head, and not counting overpaids that are on the way out like Osi...

Those guys are at the end of multi-year contracts... Unfair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Attack this post/me all you would like, but....

Cruz! plays too small for me to warrant him a 8-10 mil a year contract, and what i mean by small is he really is scared of getting hit over the middle. Times i have watched him catch the ball and drop to the floor if he doesn't have a clear break away.
    What i love about cruz, he is a smart route runner, great speed, can play all three wide out positions, great personality a true giant; classy.
    I just don't think he plays big, if he does that then i would agree he is a 8-10 mil a year guy.
    I honestly don't know what playing "small" means and while I don't agree he's the next Jerry Rice, he's had back to back 1,000 yard games. The first season he had Nicks to take some of the pressure off. The second season he didn't and only dropped by 400 yards. I'm not saying that's worth $10M here, but it's not beyond belief to see some team coming at him with that offer.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Diehl
    Tuck
    Webster
    Canty
    Rolle

We got a bargain on Tuck's contract. At the time when the Giants gave him an extension he was a top 5 defensive end in this league

Giants fan since the early 80s

Diehl
    Tuck
    Webster
    Canty
    Rolle

No one was complaining when those contracts were entered into.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    whoa whoa..
    REMINDS me...im not saying he is. but cruz honestly does remind me of rice in how just running routes gets both open over n over. not the biggest or fastest could be ascribed to both, i dunno. they both wear 80...lol cruz does remind me of him. a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    Well, if Cruz sticks to his demand for $8 to $10 Million per season then he won't be a Giant in 2013.
    CRUZ IS N OT MAKING THAT DEMAND, that is the writer's uneducated guess

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    he's a weapon we kinda need...i hope he gives us a break and drops to 6 mil with some sorta signing bonus that wont count towards the cap
    After seeing what happens when Nicks is hobbled, I really don't think the team can afford to let him go. Sad thing is, they can't really afford to let him stay, either...

Knowing Reese he'll probably give him what he wants and then restructure the hell out of the contract.