+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Eli is talked about most because he is the quarterback, that is inevitably going to happen. Everyone deserves it this year, they all played like garbage. I don't see many people giving Cruz a free pass, but if someone dares to criticize Eli their fanhood is questioned which I don't see happening when other players are being criticized.
    Difference is, people on here arent saying Victor Cruz isnt elite or isnt very good. Some are pointing out a flaw in his game and BAM we are under appreciating him..what?
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Banned
    The Giants will NOT pay Cruz $8-$10 Million per year. Cruz is a great slot WR, but not a No. 1 WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    The Giants will NOT pay Cruz $8-$10 Million per year. Cruz is a great slot WR, but not a No. 1 WR.
    this number 1 and 2 and 3 reciever is what fans like to label. coaches dont really do that. cruz will get money either from us or another team

No way they pay him that...thats crazy...he's a good reciever...he isnt great. He cant catch half the time beacuse he is afraid of getting hit...

Quote Originally Posted by I Hate T.O. View Post
    No way they pay him that...thats crazy...he's a good reciever...he isnt great. He cant catch half the time beacuse he is afraid of getting hit...
    Are you saying he was targeted 172 times?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    this number 1 and 2 and 3 reciever is what fans like to label. coaches dont really do that. cruz will get money either from us or another team
    I think the distinction is that a No. 1 WR will get frequent double coverage, and he's expected to still beat that coverage. Nicks beats that coverage when healthy, as Cruz did not when Nicks was playing as the walking wounded. When Rueben Randle was owning the Eagles, they had to take the focus off Cruz, and just like that he showed up again and caught a touchdown. To me, Cruz can't be the big dog, he's got to have someone else who's also a real deep threat to get him into situations where he's effective. For that reason, I dont believe the Giants will offer him top WR money; which may lead to his departure. The fans won't like it; but that's the reality we have to live with.

Veteran
    We do it to Osi without even looking at all the factors. I think fans try their best to be neutral and logical when it comes to these conversations, but fall short of that because they are! Fans.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Are you saying he was targeted 172 times?
    143 times. Cruz did have a rather low catch rate, obviously his YAC dropped quite a bit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    143 times. Cruz did have a rather low catch rate, obviously his YAC dropped quite a bit as well.
    And yet be broke 1,000 yards. Luck?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    There is clearly a X,Y, and Z receiver.
    Fans translate that to 1,2 and 3 to say Cruz can play all three receiver positions at a high level is a little inaccurate, he thrives in space, he uses speed and shiftiness to beat defenders. He is not a physical receiver like Nick's, he's not going to go up in traffic and risk his body for catch, he is not going to always out muscle that defender jamming him on the line or brace for a hard hit while still running for the extra yards. At least not from what i have seen. He is still a great receiver and manningham should not be even mentioned in this debate; all speed no route separation tactics. I just think that money is a little steep in a cap season with all the free agents we have.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 01-06-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg