+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    And yet be broke 1,000 yards. Luck?
    I'm just stating facts, there was no opinion in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    143 times. Cruz did have a rather low catch rate, obviously his YAC dropped quite a bit as well.
    When he does catch he drops to the ground a lot...like I said...hes a good reciever but he isnt great.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Eli is talked about most because he is the quarterback, that is inevitably going to happen. Everyone deserves it this year, they all played like garbage. I don't see many people giving Cruz a free pass, but if someone dares to criticize Eli their fanhood is questioned which I don't see happening when other players are being criticized.
    am i at the wrong site or something? cuz what ive seen is someone dares to stand up for eli and their fanhoods questioned, at least as much as the counter example. "your a fan of eli. your not a fan of the nyg" but I digress...i think that for the most part this threads been very fair. now i havent been in the discussion for pages, but it seemed to me like most of us are torn. we desperately want cruz back, but also realize the consequences of overpaying.

I'm just stating facts, there was no opinion in my post.
    I know, I'm just wondering how he has back to back 1,000 yard seasons if he "doesn't catch half" of the balls thrown to him" and "drops to the ground a lot" when he does catch them.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by I Hate T.O. View Post
    When he does catch he drops to the ground a lot...like I said...hes a good reciever but he isnt great.
    Does he think he's great? if he does he will be asking for big money.

Quote Originally Posted by I Hate T.O. View Post
    id say hes a great wr and its not even difficult. ive seen him give himself up only when it was the correct thing to do. hes thinking YAC and TD every time he gets the ball in his hands, but has the wisdom to see when the risk is too high and a fumble is just as likely if not more than a td.

bottom line; can we replace cruzs production? can we attain the same end result numbers, whether by 1 or a collection of players? thats the question here. I dont think we can. But, I also never thought we'd replace ss12. two different players/situations tho. cruz is healthy, and he was the one who replaced ss12. i think JR will see it this way and give him a long term deal worth 6 mil and a signing bonus that brings the yearly net worth to 8 mil, jmho

I know, I'm just wondering how he has back to back 1,000 yard seasons if he "doesn't catch half" of the balls thrown to him" and "drops to the ground a lot" when he does catch them.
    Well he certainly caught more than 50% of his targets.

I've no issue with him dropping to the ground, better that than getting lit up. Peyton Manning often sacks himself - no-one complains about that. It's self preservation.

Personally, I wouldn't want to see the offense without Cruz.

Well he certainly caught more than 50% of his targets.

I've no issue with him dropping to the ground, better that than getting lit up. Peyton Manning often sacks himself - no-one complains about that. It's self preservation.

Personally, I wouldn't want to see the offense without Cruz.
    Fortunately, Reese isn't checking in here for advice
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Fortunately, Reese isn't checking in here for advice

I think the Super Bowls win pretty much prove that!