+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Yeah but all that means is we can make him an offer first, if he doesn't like it he can test the market, right??
    He can, but the Giants would need to put tender on Cruz. If that were a # 1 draft pick, a lot of teams won't bite. But there are teams out there that might, it's a gamble. A team well under it's CAP that thinks it just needs a productive WR could snatch him up.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-06-2013 at 08:52 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Yeah but he can still leave....I don't expect him too but it's not far fetched.
    Depends how you define "far fetched".
    Its probably 20 to 1. In this context......that's far fetched to me.

Not only would a team have to pay him a huge amount of money, but they would lose a 1 round pick and probably another to us to sign him.
    That's why we are holding all (or most) of the cards.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Depends how you define "far fetched".
    Its probably 20 to 1. In this context......that's far fetched to me.

Not only would a team have to pay him a huge amount of money, but they would lose a 1 round pick and probably another to us to sign him.
    That's why we are holding all (or most) of the cards.
    Go fish?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

lets just throw this situation out there; cruz signs elsewhere, but we gain a 1rst and a 3rd draft pick, and have more room in the cap to get a top notch RT or G/C...then how does everyone feel? from a completely economical stand point, seeing as we got a SB already, and got the production we did for around 1 mil both years (lmao how JR pulled that off is beyond me, talk about lucking out on an UDFA rookie). You sell him high, ie the 1rst and 3rd round pcks, then use one of those spots to address his loss. then u have an additional quality pick and the money u would have spent on him, can now be used on a FA...

its not an easy decision. im with the majority here in wanting him back. but the other scenario isnt exactly terrible.

for instance, suppose the giants FO works out ss12, deem him 100% healthy, get him on a 2 yr deal at 2 mil, how does that hypothetical change our feelings on cruz?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    for instance, suppose the giants FO works out ss12, deem him 100% healthy, get him on a 2 yr deal at 2 mil, how does that hypothetical change our feelings on cruz?
    Steve Smith can't play anymore. He's had two years in get healthy. Its too bad but its true. He was smart to get the money from Philly.

And we will not lose Cruz.

Steve Smith can't play anymore.
    He's the prototypical slot receiver in our system. I don't think it's his knee that's holding him back.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    lets just throw this situation out there; cruz signs elsewhere, but we gain a 1rst and a 3rd draft pick, and have more room in the cap to get a top notch RT or G/C...then how does everyone feel? from a completely economical stand point, seeing as we got a SB already, and got the production we did for around 1 mil both years (lmao how JR pulled that off is beyond me, talk about lucking out on an UDFA rookie). You sell him high, ie the 1rst and 3rd round pcks, then use one of those spots to address his loss. then u have an additional quality pick and the money u would have spent on him, can now be used on a FA...

its not an easy decision. im with the majority here in wanting him back. but the other scenario isnt exactly terrible.
    In the scenario we lose Cruz and gain a 2013 1st and 3rd rounder, we would be wise to trade our selections for future 2014 draft picks so we can acquire Jadeveon Clowney. It would be the end of JPP double teams since Clowney will easily win 1v1s against most tackles in football today.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    He's the prototypical slot receiver in our system. I don't think it's his knee that's holding him back.
    We have a great slot WR already. His name is Victor Cruz.
    And you guys gotta let go of Steve Smith. First of all you can't go back. Secondly he can't play anymore.

We have a great slot WR already. His name is Victor Cruz.
    And you guys gotta let go of Steve Smith. First of all you can't go back. Secondly he can't play anymore.
    I'm just saying, I don't think his knee is holding him back, and he is a proven stud in our offensive scheme. I'd rather have him than Barden.