+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    In the scenario we lose Cruz and gain a 2013 1st and 3rd rounder, we would be wise to trade our selections for future 2014 draft picks so we can acquire Jadeveon Clowney. It would be the end of JPP double teams since Clowney will easily win 1v1s against most tackles in football today.
    Patriots will do it before we can even get a plan together.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I'm just saying, I don't think his knee is holding him back, and he is a proven stud in our offensive scheme. I'd rather have him than Barden.
    I'm sure his knee is exactly what's holding him back. If he was a viable target in St. Louis this season he would have been productive with that QB.
    Get well soon 80.

Patriots will do it before we can even get a plan together.
    Patriots acquire the 2014 #1 overall selection for a 2014 5th, Donte Stallworth, and free clam chowder for life.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't want to sound like Claude Rains...but I would be shocked....SHOCKED to see Victor Cruz in any other uniform than Giants blue next season.

Don't fret Giants fans...he'll be a Giant.
    Don't forget he's a restricted FA. We have a lot of leverage with him. I would be surprised if my numbers were far off.
    This^
    The Giants are not letting Victor get away. They will do whatever needed to make sure he remains a Giant. Also let's not forget that Cruz wants to stay with the Giants and has said that many times.

I'm sure his knee is exactly what's holding him back. If he was a viable target in St. Louis this season he would have been productive with that QB.
    Really? The 18th ranked pass offense where no receiver topped 700 yards. I'm not defending his play, but that was far from a potent passing attack.

And again, Smith fits best in Gilbride's scheme. You're basing nothing off of the knee, just the circumstances (bad passing offense, average QB) he finds himself in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Patriots acquire the 2014 #1 overall selection for a 2014 5th, Donte Stallworth, and free clam chowder for life.
    And just when we think they'll take Clowney, they trade back for a first in the next three years, and seven SB titles.

Really? The 18th ranked pass offense where no receiver topped 700 yards. I'm not defending his play, but that was far from a potent passing attack.

And again, Smith fits best in Gilbride's scheme. You're basing nothing off of the knee, and the circumstances (bad passing offense, average QB) he finds himself in.
    He had like 14 catches. He's all done. As I said..its sad, but its just the way it is. The kid can't be productive anymore. I doubt he'll even be invited to a camp next year and you want him to be Victor Cruz's replacement.
    C'mon...

And BTW...Wew were 12th. We averaged a whole 18 yards/game more. Not exactly a big difference.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 01-06-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    Get well soon 80.

and you want him to be Victor Cruz's replacement.
    I'm just saying, I don't think his knee is holding him back, and he is a proven stud in our offensive scheme. I'd rather have him than Barden.
    His skills in this offensive system would make him a valuable replacement if we don't resign Barden. Plus, you know he'd come cheap.

His skills in this offensive system would make him a valuable replacement if we don't resign Barden. Plus, you know he'd come cheap.
    I don't get you. He doesn't have skills anymore. If he did, he would have been much more productive this season and last. I don't care what system he's in.

Its time to look forward...not backwards.
    Get well soon 80.

I don't see how you're not getting it, I'd rather take a flier on Smith who has excelled in Gilbride's system, which is almost as much mental as it is physical -- than resign Barden, who has proven he has no skills. Gilbride's system is partly what set Smith apart and made him special.

And other than point to a lack of production, what have you specifically seen from Smith that you've determined his knee is still bothering him?