+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I don't see how you're not getting it, I'd rather take a flier on Smith who has excelled in Gilbride's system, which is almost as much mental as it is physical -- than resign Barden, who has proven he has no skills. Gilbride's system is partly what set Smith apart and made him special.

And other than point to a lack of production, what have you specifically seen from Smith that you've determined his knee is still bothering him?
    You don't let a great WR go in order to take a flier on a guy who had microfracture surgery and essentially hasn't produced a thing in 3 years.
    That's nuts!
    And this obsession you have that somehow a guy who can't play anymore, can magically perform in our system is also crazy. Its the friggin NFL. You have to beat athletic corners and safeties to get open. You can't do that on one leg. I don't care what system its in.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You don't let a great WR go in order to take a flier on a guy who had microfracture surgery and essentially hasn't produced a thing in 3 years.
    That's nuts!
    And this obsession you have that somehow a guy who can't play anymore, can magically perform in our system is also crazy. Its the friggin NFL. You have to beat athletic corners and safeties to get open. You can't do that on one leg. I don't care what system its in.
    Barden is a great receiver? Have you read anything I've written?

And again, what is it that you've seen that shows his knee still being an issue? Marques Colston has had microfracture surgery in both knees, and is great in New Orleans' system.

Barden is a great receiver? We're going to need a citation for that one sir.

Bench Player
    Steve Smith has done nothing since injuring his knee.. nothing. NADA. That is a pretty good indication that he is not regained his pre-injury skill level.

Barden is a great receiver? Have you read anything I've written?

And again, what is it that you've seen that shows his knee still being an issue? Marques Colston has had microfracture surgery in both knees, and is great in New Orleans' system.
    I'll have to look at my posts to see where I said that Barden was a great receiver.

How many years did it take Colston to come back from his surgery? Oh yeah......None. He was back playing well after a few months. Steve Smith had his two + years ago and still can't play. At what point will you see that each injury is different and if a guy hasn't come back from surgery after 2 years, he's probably not coming back.
    But lets dump one of the best 2 or 3 slot WR's to take a "flier" on a guy who can't play anymore. Good idea....
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK01 View Post
    Steve Smith has done nothing since injuring his knee.. nothing. NADA. That is a pretty good indication that he is not regained his pre-injury skill level.
    No that's a pretty good indication that he struggled his first year back, like most do, and he was in a bad situation last year in a system that doesn't utilize his biggest strength -- his smarts and attention to detail. Here, he would have Eli, and Gilbride's system.

I think it's reasonable to assume that he'd be able to top Barden's productivity, WHICH IS ALL I'M CALLING FOR.

I'll have to look at my posts to see where I said that Barden was a great receiver.
    Here:
    How many years did it take Colston to come back from his surgery? Oh yeah......None. He was back playing well after a few months.
    Colston also had the luxury of being in a familiar system which doesn't rely on him for physical talent, the same way Smith was here.

Here:

Colston also had the luxury of being in a familiar system which doesn't rely on him for physical talent, the same way Smith was here.
    I was talking about Victor Cruz.
    What the hell!!! Who was ever talking about Barden?
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro
    Here:

mh thinks your talking about Smith /Cruz...And you think mh is talking about Barden being a great rec something like that...lol.... get on the same page you two !!...very confusing.....

All-Pro
    I was talking about Victor Cruz.
    What the hell!!! Who was ever talking about Barden?
    820 !

+ Reply to Thread