+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    Cruz could get $10 million a season from somebody.

i'll be absolutely stunned if his contract is $6-$7 million a season. STUNNED.

the 8-10 is an uneducated guess, but its based on multiple contracts for elite WRs in the NFL.

hard to argue that Cruz isn't an elite WR.

i've been saying this for 2 years, we can't pay both WRs in the 8-10 range, and our QB $20 a season, so whatever Cruz gets will largely cast the die of what the giants plan on doing with Nicks.
    I think Cruz may have knocked himself off the "elite" status with his crucial drops and teams better able to counter his getting AS open with a year of film and documented tendencies behind him. His home run TD YAC catches went down to from the previous year.

Sure all receivers drop balls - and im not saying its fair, but he had some big drops IMO that probably could make the difference of $2mil or so a year.

I want him to be a Giant for life, but I dont see it for more than a 7&7 for about 50 mil.
    ...the tortillas are dry...

and its why i can argue that the diff. from 6-8 mil, or even 6 to 10 mil, is worth it when ur getting what cruz will give us every year. what he gives us wont suddenly go away, we didnt even have another true outside guy much of the year and cruz still did his thing. give him a healthy nicks and watch out...im torn. i can see both sides.

i mean to add to the cruz reminds me of rice statement, cruz does the salsa after TDs and Rice did Dancing with the stars lol, anyone telling me they arent similar is the one needing their statement checked

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i mean to add to the cruz reminds me of rice statement, cruz does the salsa after TDs and Rice did Dancing with the stars lol, anyone telling me they arent similar is the one needing their statement checked
    Oy
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    I think Cruz may have knocked himself off the "elite" status with his crucial drops and teams better able to counter his getting AS open with a year of film and documented tendencies behind him. His home run TD YAC catches went down to from the previous year.

Sure all receivers drop balls - and im not saying its fair, but he had some big drops IMO that probably could make the difference of $2mil or so a year.

I want him to be a Giant for life, but I dont see it for more than a 7&7 for about 50 mil.
    In PFF's top 50 free agent list, Cruz is # 3

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-50-2013-nfl-free-agents/
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

How is that even a correlation? Ok so they both dance, one on tv and one on the football field. That doesnt mean they are similar..

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    How is that even a correlation? Ok so they both dance, one on tv and one on the football field. That doesnt mean they are similar..
    I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm

Your comparison has some merit but since a good deal of people consider Rice the greatest player of all time, it just catches folks off guard. Same thing when 3-4 OLBS are compared to Taylor with such haste. Anyway, let's talk about this Cruz contract situation and all the factors.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Oy
    what i cant make jokes? well i guess since i have to ask, I guess not. but all kidding aside, it was prob a bad comparison, just yet. I see similarities, but its a strong comment. of course if someone disagrees, cant blame em. just something about how both were able to run their routes a certain way to keep getting open no matter what. both dont have some sort of trait to fall back on like speed or size, just a rare blend of skills that produce a damn effective wr

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm
    I hope it is.

+ Reply to Thread