+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    True, but you're forgetting about the 8-10 million we could work with. Either way, is the sum of those 3 - a 1st a 3rd and 8-10 million greater than Victor Cruz? I honestly don't know. But I do know that 8-10 million makes me very nervous for a guy that's not super physical and won't be able to make those physical monster catches that a Sidney Rice, Johnson, Fitz, etc make. Cruz isn't the kind of guy that will "bail" a QB out.
    i dunno. i see cruzs game being more sustainable then a lot of those guys people list. cruz doesnt depend on top end speed, or physicality or size. he depends on his route running, with his blend of quickness and agility, makes him almost uncoverable. hes not gonna suddenly lose that ability unless his leg falls off or something god forbid.
    the same things ur saying bout cruz could easily been said about jerry rice too. he didnt have blazing speed, or size, or physicality...just a terrific blend of athletic attributes that made his route running pristene. cruz has got some of that...aint going away. which is why id resign him.

but i also felt ss12 would come back, so take what i say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I know it's hard to understand, but the $8 - 10 MM figure was an uneducated guess made by the author of the article that started this thread. We have absolutely no idea what Cruz is asking for. We can sign Cruz and take care of the lines as well.

So, let me get this straight.

You're saying that the $8 - 10 MM came directly from the Pope who was speaking ex cathedra after having met Victor Cruz for lunch at the Vatican?

I just want to be sure I've got the story right.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He needs to focus
    DONT SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God forbid he gets a 4 game ban for adderal...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post

You're saying that the $8 - 10 MM came directly from the Pope who was speaking ex cathedra after having met Victor Cruz for lunch at the Vatican?

Thats what I got from that as well...I can never be too sure...

One thing I CAN be sure about would be my excitement if we got Dwayne Bowe. For 3 mil a year, that makes Cruz expandable.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post

One thing I CAN be sure about would be my excitement if we got Dwayne Bowe. For 3 mil a year, that makes Cruz expandable.
    what's with all the hatin' on cruz,,you do realize that hakeem was hurt all season allowing oppossing D's to double him up and take him out of the game, we had no established 3rd recieving threat. The guy still had a 1000+ yard season. Bowe is also damaged, even at 3 million, and not the talent Cruz is when paired with a healthy Nicks. the guy earned it and it's time to pay the piper, something fair for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post

I keep asking this - why would Bowe be so cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I keep asking this - why would Bowe be so cheap?
    he wouldnt. hes gonna get pierre garcon money, guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post

It's amazing how some of us only read the headline and are ready to do battle on that alone
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i dunno. i see cruzs game being more sustainable then a lot of those guys people list. cruz doesnt depend on top end speed, or physicality or size. he depends on his route running, with his blend of quickness and agility, makes him almost uncoverable. hes not gonna suddenly lose that ability unless his leg falls off or something god forbid.
    the same things ur saying bout cruz could easily been said about jerry rice too. he didnt have blazing speed, or size, or physicality...just a terrific blend of athletic attributes that made his route running pristene. cruz has got some of that...aint going away. which is why id resign him.

but i also felt ss12 would come back, so take what i say with a grain of salt.
    Jerry Rice would routinely go over the middle and was one of the toughest WRs around. You don't pay top dollar for good route runners. You pay top dollar for physical WRs that can do everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    what's with all the hatin' on cruz,,you do realize that hakeem was hurt all season allowing oppossing D's to double him up and take him out of the game, we had no established 3rd recieving threat. The guy still had a 1000+ yard season. Bowe is also damaged, even at 3 million, and not the talent Cruz is when paired with a healthy Nicks. the guy earned it and it's time to pay the piper, something fair for both sides.
    Im not hating on Cruz. Im just saying I would not be opposed to Bowe at quarter price and an extra 1st round pick (espicially if it turns into the number 1 pick(Jadevon Clowney))