+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Listen up and listen good. Cruz will not take a modest wage to stay, the market dictates his worth and it says teams will offer him huge contracts and he is entering his prime and will go for what he can, and we can't blame him. Maybe then our FO will learn don't throw bloated inflated backended contracts on avg players.

ps- cruz might take less than what he really wants to but do not expect a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Listen up and listen good. Cruz will not take a modest wage to stay, the market dictates his worth and it says teams will offer him huge contracts and he is entering his prime and will go for what he can, and we can't blame him. Maybe then our FO will learn don't throw bloated inflated backended contracts on avg players.

ps- cruz might take less than what he really wants to but do not expect a huge difference.
    No one is saying that we'll pay him a "modest wage".
    But we will resign him with a nice contract that won't blow up our cap situation. As I said, something like 4 years, $25-28MM with $12 to $15MM guaranteed.
    We still have a lot of leverage given his restricted FA status.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    Productively playing out their initial contract is a huge blessing for these guys. They get to cash in on their success by securing as much money as possible in a league where contracts can be terminated prematurely. Fans usually leave that part out when they hint that a player should play for cheaper than market value to show loyalty to his team. If he had already played out a lucrative contract he'd be in a better position to play for less. All it takes is one bad hit or collision to end a career though. Heck, I thought this season Cruz was lucky enough to walk off the field with some of the crazy hits he took to his legs and that brutal hit in the end zone against the Steelers. I completely understand him wanting as much as he can get. He's earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No one is saying that we'll pay him a "modest wage".
    But we will resign him with a nice contract that won't blow up our cap situation. As I said, something like 4 years, $25-28MM with $12 to $15MM guaranteed.
    We still have a lot of leverage given his restricted FA status.
    maybe 5-6mill a season , i dont see 2-3 like some are thinking. back to back 1000 yard seasons , im willing to bet some teams would give up thier first round pick for him. sometimes its better to go with what you know then gamble on a rook.

maybe 5-6mill a season , i dont see 2-3 like some are thinking. back to back 1000 yard seasons , im willing to bet some teams would give up thier first round pick for him. sometimes its better to go with what you know then gamble on a rook.
    As I said in my post, that's where I think it will end up.

However it turns out...he will be a Giant.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Even with the tag, Cruz could easily get a higher offer from a team willing to give up a 1st round pick for a proven winner. Reese is practical and wise, he will do what's right the the team, no more, no less. If Cruz gets/takes a better offer, I honestly hope it's within the Division.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by 2013BigBlue View Post
    Bowe would be too expensive probably...but wow, that would be awesome
    Thats what im saying man. Wow that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Even with the tag, Cruz could easily get a higher offer from a team willing to give up a 1st round pick for a proven winner. Reese is practical and wise, he will do what's right the the team, no more, no less. If Cruz gets/takes a better offer, I honestly hope it's within the Division.
    Thats the second time Ive seen you say that.... if we lose Cruz you really want to be sure we eat **** for it eh?
    Tepid Salsa

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    I figured as much. It takes a lot of frustration to insult someone that you have never even met. I pity you and you have my sympathy.
    Thanks. And you're still an idiot.

And while were at it, lets trade Eli, Barden & Jernigen for Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson. Trade our 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks this year to the Raiders for next year's #1 pick so we can draft Clowney. Sign Bowe for the league minimum and use a time machine to bring 1986 Lawrence Taylor to the future. Seriously, some of the stuff I'm reading here is like stuff I hear on WFAN when fans call in to discuss some of their potential trade scenarios. HOW DOES THIS ONE SOUND MIKE: MARK SANCHEZ AND A 5TH ROUNDER FOR ANDREW LUCK?

+ Reply to Thread