+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Thread is collapsing like the Giants' season
    ha classic.

Just bc I feel partly responsible for other peoples sudden loss of IQ just under 80, I feel Cruz will get a 5 yr, 30 mil contract with some sort of 10 mil signing bonus, so itll equate to 8 mil a year or around there, and not hurt the cap too badly. i can see it being worth 10 mil too, but god i hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    i already think Nicks is the odd man out. i think they're counting on Randle continue to develop the way he looked like he was a the end of the season, and i don't see Nicks suddenly becoming so much more durable given his style of play. right or wrong, Cruz will be on the field more based on how he plays.

just like Osi's fate being decided by what we did with his follow positionmates, the same thing applies to Nicks. if cruz gets 8-10, then nicks won't get more than what you'd expect an older injury prone player to get.
    Let's see if they sign Hixon early. He gives them a dependability factor when any "elite" receiver falters.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You need to lighten up, it was clear to me it was a joke which was indicated by "Oy"
    ha i was lightened on that too, i cant even kid around. <- still being sarcastic. im just not very good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    some one thinking jokes about a person having 2 names is funny, is funnier. some one who erroneously believes 2 seperate people are the same, and then that jokes about that are funny, is the funniest. all for different reasons, in different ways. but its off topic, sorry. I wanted to try and make off handed quips like urs last night. i was right, it did feel pathetic. lol. ANYWAYS, back to the topic at hand, what was it again?
    Lol what did I just read..uh yeah anyway, I'm not sure if you truly believe Cruz is similar to Jerry Rice or not and if you do then that's fine, but that is an extremely laughable comparison. $8-10 million is a lot of money, and while Cruz is an important part to this team, he is very inconsistent.

ha i was lightened on that too, i cant even kid around. <- still being sarcastic. im just not very good at it.
    USE RED FONT lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    $8-10 million? if that happens get used to having the 32th ranked defense for years to come since we won't be able to pay anyone.
    its gonna be rough. we may have to have a year of cutting some serious fat, and thatll mean we lose some great players too...its a tough situation. but id rather be in this situation than having to try and find a cruz...

its gonna be rough. we may have to have a year of cutting some serious fat, and thatll mean we lose some great players too...its a tough situation. but id rather be in this situation than having to try and find a cruz...
    GREAT POINT. GREAT.

look to the senior citizens of our boards for true perspective.

The one thing we don't have any idea about is who is Reese going to release and what's that effect on the CAP? I would imagine he already has that list penciled in.

we all have to remember, good wrs are not tough to replace, well they are but it can be done. Its gonna be near impossible finding another "Cruz"...now, economically, we did get 2 amazing years at bargain price. economically, and solely from that angle, itd make sense to not overpay, AT ALL. and let him go if he goes over a very cap friendly number. and u can do that, if u believe u can find another Cruz, and sustain the practice of finding "him", letting him go, and finding "him" all over again.
    OR, do you look at it from, itll be near impossible to find another bargain like we had with Cruz, and that to have to pay market, and jeopardize other aspects of the team, is still worth it for the sustained success he will give us...

but then, can this offense produce another aspect to have similar success? its such a tough situation, I can see it from both sides.

YOU GUYS ARE DREAMING TOP WR commands the going rate, he probably will take less to stay here but it will still be a high figure to lock him up during his prime.

now maybe some of you will see the problem with all the restructuring and bloated contracts hitting us now.

Coughlin using his Tablet

+ Reply to Thread