+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The one thing we don't have any idea about is who is Reese going to release and what's that effect on the CAP? I would imagine he already has that list penciled in.
    from what i understand from people with better understanding of the issue, with how JR has backloaded a lot of the contracts with all the restructuring, we're in a position that were we to cut the players hurting our cap the most, the difference would be negligible bc of the cap penalty. Im sure JR and the FO can figure it out, but its gonna take work. which is why i can understand if JR is gonna stick to a price he wont overpay on bc we have to...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    from what i understand from people with better understanding of the issue, with how JR has backloaded a lot of the contracts with all the restructuring, we're in a position that were we to cut the players hurting our cap the most, the difference would be negligible bc of the cap penalty. Im sure JR and the FO can figure it out, but its gonna take work. which is why i can understand if JR is gonna stick to a price he wont overpay on bc we have to...
    correct

but it was his fault for not taking those cap hits sooner and as it turned out many of those guys were already under performing. last off season he could have dumped a few. now some are on the last year or two of these contracts

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    I know they'll figure it out, I just wish I understood the "caponomics"(stolen word) better
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    YOU GUYS ARE DREAMING TOP WR commands the going rate, he probably will take less to stay here but it will still be a high figure to lock him up during his prime.

now maybe some of you will see the problem with all the restructuring and bloated contracts hitting us now.
    is that the nassir nahim dude who thinks the sun is some sorta vortex? sorry id pm, but not that interested...

and we are all hoping he stays at a hometown discount, but he already gave us 2 phenomenal years at league min...lol...cant blame him if his hometown discount number is higher than what the FO has in mind

i think cruz is a bit of a unique situation, because he's not just great on the field, the coaches and fellow players comment on how hard core his work ethic is off the field, couple that with the community stuff he does (coughlin mentioned it a couple times this year) and i think throughout the organization, if they're going to dig deep to sign a player it'll probably be him.

also, look at how he's approached this contract situation. nothing but completely professional. 100%. Flawless. Compare it to how Osi has gone about things.

i get it if we sign him to a big number, and i get it if we don't.

we also don't know what they think of nicks. are they looking forward to him getting back to 100%, or are they questioning how many games a year will he be 100% going forward? another strategy is paying one of the two the big money and then paying what you think you can afford for the other one. that could have a huge impact on what they're willing to commit to Cruz. We were paying $10 mill a season last year for the Bradshaw/Jacobs combo, maybe they have a $16 mill a year for starting WR number on their chart and they'll divide it up how they see fit? Who knows.

to me one things for sure, cruz may be willing to give the hometown discount, but he certainly doesn't have to, and reese has shown that he'll walk away from almost anyone if he doesn't think he's getting value. good news is everyone makes it sound like things are going well. thank god.

Another thing to consider is that Cruz is older than nicks but not injury prone. I would not overpay for Cruz. There were some alarming games this season where he simply did not show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    correct

but it was his fault for not taking those cap hits sooner and as it turned out many of those guys were already under performing. last off season he could have dumped a few. now some are on the last year or two of these contracts
    to me, that is the most fair critique of JR, that he waited and actually worsened the cap hits in some instances. but then again, can u blame him with how we won a sb? he prob figured he could squeeze another year out before wholesale changes in hopes of another SB...i think its why a lot of the guys who've been here longest have been emotional, i think the realization is we cant delay those cap hit issues any longer...but then how does a cruz situation factor?

lets not forget the RFA tender, JR can very well put this off, but then we 99% wont be able to keep both nicks n cruz unless JR does some masterful reworking of the cap

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    i think cruz is a bit of a unique situation, because he's not just great on the field, the coaches and fellow players comment on how hard core his work ethic is off the field, couple that with the community stuff he does (coughlin mentioned it a couple times this year) and i think throughout the organization, if they're going to dig deep to sign a player it'll probably be him.also, look at how he's approached this contract situation. nothing but completely professional. 100%. Flawless. Compare it to how Osi has gone about things.i get it if we sign him to a big number, and i get it if we don't.we also don't know what they think of nicks. are they looking forward to him getting back to 100%, or are they questioning how many games a year will he be 100% going forward? another strategy is paying one of the two the big money and then paying what you think you can afford for the other one. that could have a huge impact on what they're willing to commit to Cruz. We were paying $10 mill a season last year for the Bradshaw/Jacobs combo, maybe they have a $16 mill a year for starting WR number on their chart and they'll divide it up how they see fit? Who knows.to me one things for sure, cruz may be willing to give the hometown discount, but he certainly doesn't have to, and reese has shown that he'll walk away from almost anyone if he doesn't think he's getting value. good news is everyone makes it sound like things are going well. thank god.
    Good post.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

i think cruz is a bit of a unique situation, because he's not just great on the field, the coaches and fellow players comment on how hard core his work ethic is off the field, couple that with the community stuff he does (coughlin mentioned it a couple times this year) and i think throughout the organization, if they're going to dig deep to sign a player it'll probably be him.

also, look at how he's approached this contract situation. nothing but completely professional. 100%. Flawless. Compare it to how Osi has gone about things.

we also don't know what they think of nicks. are they looking forward to him getting back to 100%, or are they questioning how many games a year will he be 100% going forward? another strategy is paying one of the two the big money and then paying what you think you can afford for the other one. that could have a huge impact on what they're willing to commit to Cruz. We were paying $10 mill a season last year for the Bradshaw/Jacobs combo, maybe they have a $16 mill a year for starting WR number on their chart and they'll divide it up how they see fit? Who knows.

to me one things for sure, cruz may be willing to give the hometown discount, but he certainly doesn't have to, and reese has shown that he'll walk away from almost anyone if he doesn't think he's getting value. good news is everyone makes it sound like things are going well. thank god.
    i think this summarizes the situation as good as possible.

He's almost a Mara
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80