+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

thats another reality too, JR tenders Cruz ala the Wallace situation, puts it off, and then has Nicks n Cruz's year determine who gets the contract and the other one walks...and that would be super interesting with guys like Randle and JJ on the squad bc u have to think how they develop plays a big part in the equation if it goes that route, pardon the pun

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    is that the nassir nahim dude who thinks the sun is some sorta vortex? sorry id pm, but not that interested...

and we are all hoping he stays at a hometown discount, but he already gave us 2 phenomenal years at league min...lol...cant blame him if his hometown discount number is higher than what the FO has in mind
    agreed , i dont blame him at all

ps- thats phillip coppens - ancient alien commentator and author

lets not forget the RFA tender, JR can very well put this off, but then we 99% wont be able to keep both nicks n cruz unless JR does some masterful reworking of the cap
    This is one thing that I think could possibly work in the Giants' favour - Cruz wants to get paid, right? Perhaps he accepts a lower rate with more security just to avoid having to risk another year before cashing in?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    This is one thing that I think could possibly work in the Giants' favour - Cruz wants to get paid, right? Perhaps he accepts a lower rate with more security just to avoid having to risk another year before cashing in?
    I think they will get a long-term deal done that neither side will regret
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The CAP reportedly is supposed to have a significant bump in 2014
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

to me, that is the most fair critique of JR, that he waited and actually worsened the cap hits in some instances. but then again, can u blame him with how we won a sb? he prob figured he could squeeze another year out before wholesale changes in hopes of another SB...i think its why a lot of the guys who've been here longest have been emotional, i think the realization is we cant delay those cap hit issues any longer...but then how does a cruz situation factor?

lets not forget the RFA tender, JR can very well put this off, but then we 99% wont be able to keep both nicks n cruz unless JR does some masterful reworking of the cap
    i like reese but it was pretty clear we could have replaced a few guys and saved a bit for the future, fresh off a SB win was the perfect time really.
    if he again resctrutures to get under instead of cutting guys flat out and saving what he can, we then have the same problem next season and so on, and then we have no $$$ to sign much needed upgrades as well as retain our own FA.

he has his work cut out for him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    i like reese but it was pretty clear we could have replaced a few guys and saved a bit for the future, fresh off a SB win was the perfect time really. if he again resctrutures to get under instead of cutting guys flat out and saving what he can, we then have the same problem next season and so on, and then we have no $$$ to sign much needed upgrades as well as retain our own FA. he has his work cut out for him right now.
    He has no choice now.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

thats another reality too, JR tenders Cruz ala the Wallace situation, puts it off, and then has Nicks n Cruz's year determine who gets the contract and the other one walks...and that would be super interesting with guys like Randle and JJ on the squad bc u have to think how they develop plays a big part in the equation if it goes that route, pardon the pun
    This x100. I think this approach is the smartest way. If I had to choose between a Healthy Nicks or a Healthy Cruz for 10 million, it would be Nicks every day. I agree with Ranier that Cruz lacks physicality. If you look at the top end WRs, they all have that physicality about them. To determine a WR's worth, the question you have to ask I think is, how well would he do on a bad team? I have no doubts that Nicks would be able to battle other defenders for poorly thrown balls in lots of traffic. Cruz? I don't think so.

if we slap cruz with a tender for example. he is still free to negotiate with other teams and if signed we get a draft pick and lose him, if we dont match that offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    if we slap cruz with a tender for example. he is still free to negotiate with other teams and if signed we get a draft pick and lose him, if we dont match that offer.
    True, but i dont' think Cruz is some immense talent that couldn't be found in the first round.

+ Reply to Thread