+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Ok ok ok ..... after all these arguments about resigning players, who would you keep?

  1. #21
    Nicks everyday and twice on Sunday..

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantLegend View Post
    Nicks without hesitaiton. He had a bad injury year this past year, but he is without question a #1 receiver. I made a thread before about that, I watched last years playoffs and Super Bowl recently. Nicks was the difference maker. He is awesome.

    To me Cruz is a replaceable slot receiver with some speed who drops some passes. I don't think it would be hard to replace that. I realize this is an unpopular opinion with most Giants fans.
    This is what I was thinking. Eli has so much faith in Nicks. Who did Eli throw the hail mary pass to? Nicks because he knew with Nicks height no one else would get it but Nicks or Nicks would knock it away. Nicks is a baller. I pray he can stay healthy.

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,501
    Nicks is a top 5 reciever in the NFL hands down if he's playing 100%

  4. #24
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,949
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    We should just tender Cruz, and if someone really wants him, lets take their first and if no one wants him, it's guaranteed 2.8 million.
    Yes. The team that gets him will have to give up the picks AND pay him, which teams will be very reluctant to do (see Mike Wallace).

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    This is what I was thinking. Eli has so much faith in Nicks. Who did Eli throw the hail mary pass to? Nicks because he knew with Nicks height no one else would get it but Nicks or Nicks would knock it away. Nicks is a baller. I pray he can stay healthy.
    Nicks isnt that tall. Im about 6 1 and I was taller then him

  6. #26
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,014
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Yes. The team that gets him will have to give up the picks AND pay him, which teams will be very reluctant to do (see Mike Wallace).
    Cruz is better, but I see your point.

  7. #27
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    7,269
    If Cruz is really looking to get 8-10 Mil a year, I would have to go with Nicks. There are too many other needs on the team to put that much into one player when they already have Nicks, Randle and Hixon.Don't take me wrong, I like Cruz and would love to see him back, but not at the expense of having to go cheap on other positions.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

  8. #28
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Cruz.

    He doesn't get hurt.
    Except for that hammy that put him on IR his rookie season.

  9. #29
    deciding who is better between these two, in my opinion, is if you factor their injury history into the decision. Based on talent alone I say Nicks is better but since Nicks gets hurt more I can see how people think Cruz is the one you want to keep.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts