+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantLegend View Post
    Nicks without hesitaiton. He had a bad injury year this past year, but he is without question a #1 receiver. I made a thread before about that, I watched last years playoffs and Super Bowl recently. Nicks was the difference maker. He is awesome.

To me Cruz is a replaceable slot receiver with some speed who drops some passes. I don't think it would be hard to replace that. I realize this is an unpopular opinion with most Giants fans.
    2013 may be the year that tells us what Nicks is now. 2011 playoff Nicks, or 2012 regular season Nicks.

Largely depends on how Randle pans out. He's looked pretty good towards the end of the season. If he progresses the way he has we can afford to let Nicks go. Otherwise, no.

Everyone thought we were sunk forever when we lost Plax...
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Largely depends on how Randle pans out. He's looked pretty good towards the end of the season. If he progresses the way he has we can afford to let Nicks go. Otherwise, no.

+1

and we would suck forever when we lost smith and boss in the same year (i thought this).

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    He has been in the leaue for three seasons and missed one full season.
    He missed less than a half of a season when the Giants put him on IR for a tweaked hammy. Giants did it for a roster spot.

Cruz said he could have played the following week no problem. Considering his injury history since then (including some of the knocks he's taken over the middle) I tend to believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post

Turns out we were just sunk for the rest of 2008 and 2009 seasons.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    +1

and we would suck forever when we lost smith and boss in the same year (i thought this).
    Still think Boss was a big loss

If only one.. Cruz

just to throw this out there, in the SB, BB schemed to double both nicks n cruz in hopes of eliminating them from being effective. Cruz had, what, 3 receptions? Nicks had 11 for a buck 20 iirc....

We should just tender Cruz, and if someone really wants him, lets take their first and if no one wants him, it's guaranteed 2.8 million.

I'd rather have Nicks long term, assuming his health shows no lingering effects. Cruz can produce without him, but I think he fails to open up the offense for others as much as Nicks can. That's essentially how Cruz was brought along in the first place.