+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Coughlin Walking Around "Like A Crazy Man" Coping With Giants' Finish

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...#axzz2GxTVNhi0

Excerpt: "It has only been four days since the end of the season and yet Coughlin hasn’t come close to letting go of the disappointment of his Giants not qualifying for the playoffs one year after winning the Super Bowl.

"I can't even describe how it hurts … I don’t know what to do," Coughlin said Thursday during a high-energy 30-minute session on WFAN. "I’m walking around here like a crazy man. I am. I don’t know what to do with myself. We shouldn’t be doing this right now. The pain of it is almost indescribable."

Coughlin said he’s been at the team facility “taking it all apart right now as a coaching staff, and hopefully we can provide some answers’’ as to why his team lost two of its last three games, finished 9-7, failed to make the playoffs and failed to put up competitive efforts in Atlanta and Baltimore.

What Coughlin doesn’t think he should be doing is pouring over the evidence of a season that produced wildly inconsistent play, why down the stretch in Atlanta and Baltimore “we didn’t fire a shot’’ as far as putting up a respectable performances in losses by a combined 67-14. All this caught Coughlin completely by surprise after the Giants at mid-season were their customary 6-2.

“I’m glad I’m not a betting man because I would have lost everything,’’ Coughlin said." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

This caught him by surprise?
    I like Coughlin a lot, but this has happened almost every single year.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

I don't blame him. Its illogical how bad they were and its his job to figure out why. The limit does not exist Tom!

The team needed a coach, Coach. Wah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    This caught him by surprise?
    I like Coughlin a lot, but this has happened almost every single year.
    Things like Osi and Tuck mailing it in might be one of those question marks
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Things like Osi and Tuck mailing it in might be one of those question marks
    Mailing it...every year?
    Fortunately though, Osi will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Mailing it...every year?
    Fortunately though, Osi will be gone.
    He's looking at this season for answers.

# 80

Starting injured players,over healthy ones; failure to utilize young talent, I can give you a couple clues coach.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He's looking at this season for answers.
    But this season is the same with every other season, not playing your best football down the stretch. Hopefully he will re-evaluate his scheme this off season, and the players will re-evaluate their play.

Veteran
    Poor Tom, he needs to go to the Bahamas like Rex did.