+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Now that the Giants are eliminated....

Veteran

Now that the Giants are eliminated....

....What team would you mind winning the super bowl the least?

This will probably be the first post season in a long time where I wasn't actively rooting against another team... I hate the Skins, but I don't think they'll make it by Seattle. And I'm tired of annoying Texans fans thinking that they're our rivals so I'd like for them to get bounced also, but again I don't think they have much of a shot to win it all with the way they've played in big games this year.

Don't mind the Patriots winning it. Nor the Ravens, 9ers, Seahawks, Packers, Vikings, Falcons, Colts or Bengals.

I'm only actually rooting for the Broncos. Peyton Manning is easily my favorite player in the NFL.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    This will probably be the first post season in a long time where I wasn't actively rooting against another team... I hate the Skins, but I don't think they'll make it by Seattle. And I'm tired of annoying Texans fans thinking that they're our rivals so I'd like for them to get bounced also, but again I don't think they have much of a shot to win it all with the way they've played in big games this year.

Don't mind the Patriots winning it. Nor the Ravens, 9ers, Seahawks, Packers, Vikings, Falcons, Colts or Bengals.

I'm only actually rooting for the Broncos. Peyton Manning is easily my favorite player in the NFL.
    Interesting seeing a cowboy fans take on this topic.
    My knee jerk instinct is to clearly root for the Broncos. But for a Giants fan, that means that Peyton would now have as many rings as his little brother. Should that bother me? Maybe, No? I don't know... Same goes with Baltimore, I'd love to see Ray Lewis end his career on the main stage because that man deserves it, but then how can I root for the team who's only SB victory came at the humiliating expense of my team?

The only team I can really see pulling for that has no effect on future 'trash talk' would be the Bengals. The Giants literally have no connection to them whatsoever.

Still, chances are I'm quietly pulling for Peyton.

Ah.. Bengals

Broncos or Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    My knee jerk instinct is to clearly root for the Broncos. But for a Giants fan, that means that Peyton would now have as many rings as his little brother. Should that bother me? Maybe, No? I don't know... Same goes with Baltimore, I'd love to see Ray Lewis end his career on the main stage because that man deserves it, but then how can I root for the team who's only SB victory came at the humiliating expense of my team?

The only team I can really see pulling for that has no effect on future 'trash talk' would be the Bengals. The Giants literally have no connection to them whatsoever.

Don't know how anyone roots for Ray Lewis, especially a Giants fan.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Don't know how anyone roots for Ray Lewis, especially a Giants fan.
    Because he is everything that an ATHLETE is supposed to be....and let's take a moment to stress the word ATHLETE. I don't see how anyone who ever held a ball in their hand even if it was one time in their life would be incapable of respecting him on that level alone.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post

I don't think you can think of Peyton getting another ring that way. I don't think the rings matter in this debate. It's not like Romo vs Eli... it's Eli vs possibly the greatest of all time.

I don't know how upset I'd be about losing that Superbowl in 2000. I mean, you've won 2 since, and had you won that one you most likely would have never been in the position to be the team you are now (with Coughlin as coach, Eli at the helm, so on an so forth). Plus that was just one of the greatest defenses ever-- something that's easier to appreciate in time.

It may just be me, but I've relinquished a lot of 'hatred' toward other non divisional teams. I guess it's easier to do when your team is pitiful-- makes you just appreciate what some other teams are able to do.

+ Reply to Thread