+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Giants' GM Jerry Reese Reviews Rookie Season of 2012 Draft Class

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...views_roo.html

Excerpt: "It takes more than one season to truly evaluate a draft class. But the day after the Giants' 2012 season prematurely ended, Giants GM Jerry Reese reviewed the contributions of this year's rookies.

The top two picks, David Wilson and Rueben Randle, came on late in the season, showing promise for next year.

Third-rounder Jayron Hosley made a few spot starts and played as the nickel corner for a stretch of games, making some mistakes but also showing a good nose for the ball. Fourth-rounder Adrien Robinson, who Reese originally called "the JPP (Jason Pierre-Paul) of tight ends," didn't see the field on offense. Seventh-rounder Markus Kuhn was excellent value, playing a key role in the defensive line rotation before tearing his ACL in Week 10.

Here's a look at what Reese had to say.

First Round (No. 32): RB David Wilson

Stats:
    16 games, two starts. 71 carries, 358 yards, 1 lost fumble; 4 catches, 34 yards; 57 kick returns, 1,533 yards. 6 TDs (4 rushing, 1 receiving, 1 kick return).

Reese's take:
    "David flashed some things, and he looked like the guy we thought he could be. Again, you fumble the ball early on in the season and that kind of set him back. Coaches get a little bit nervous when young players…you put them in and they turn the ball over early in the game. He proved himself and got back in there, and we think he’s going to be a terrific player for us. He’s a dynamic, really kind of a world-class athlete. We think he has a bright future for us."

Second Round (No. 63): WR Rueben Randle

Stats:
    16 games, 1 start. 19 catches, 298 yards, 3 touchdowns. 15 punt returns, 108 yards, 15 fair catches.

Reese's take: "Again, we talked about him in the first round as well. He came on late. I think he started a game right in the middle of the season somewhere and flashed some things. We think he can be a terrific player for us as well in our receiver stable."

Third Round (No. 94): CB Jayron Hosley

Stats:
    12 games, 6 starts (some in nickel package). 40 tackles, 5 PDs, 1 INT, 1 forced fumble.

Reese's take:
    "He had some injury issues (foot, hamstring, quad), but we think he’s going to be a terrific young player for us as well. I really think he can help us as a punt returner as well. You saw him return some punts in the preseason, but after he hurt his foot and had some injuries there, we took him off the punt return duties. But we think he’s going to be a really good player for us. He has that moxie about him that you like. He had some growing pains like all rookies do, but he flashed some things that we like from him as a third-round pick."

Fourth Round (No. 127): TE Adrien Robinson

Stats:
    2 games, 0 starts.

Reese's take:
    "He did a lot of good things in practice and unfortunately he wasn’t able to get a suit much during the season. I think he only got a suit a couple of times during the year. We still have very high hopes for him. He’s a big, talented guy that’s fast and can run and can do all the things. But again, it’s unfortunate that we weren’t able to get him the suit on Sundays and get him some experience playing in the National Football League. We hope he’ll continue to develop, have an offseason under his belt to go through. Hopefully he’ll be able to help us moving forward as a tight end in our tight end stable." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    This draft has offered a lot of bright spots for the future..

I liked Reese's draft.. I still think the potential jewel of the draft could be Robinson.. Missed OTA's because he had to finish up his degree, got him off to a bad start with the coaches. Cant wait to see him in camp..
    Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Just for drama's sake ... it sounds like he disagrees with how the coaching staff is using his players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Just for drama's sake ... it sounds like he disagrees with how the coaching staff is using his players.
    Where do you get that from what Reese says here?

Man, the hatred for these coaches is just never ending
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post

The coaches have no idea what they are doing. We only won 2 Super Bowls.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Coughlin was Ernie's coach, his winning has kept him on board with Reese. I love Coughlin and what he has done for us. But at some point he will need to retire, and Reese will bring in a coach that shares his vision and that is something I'm very excited for.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post

its shocking. i'd love to see some of these fans interview experienced coaches after firing Coughlin. Seeing them fumble around trying to convince another head coach that knows is stuff that you're not completely off your rocker would be better than a judd apatow flick.

from reading that, i can't figure out if he's as high on Hosely as he sounds, or whether he's already laying the ground work for why he's cutting Webster.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    from reading that, i can't figure out if he's as high on Hosely as he sounds, or whether he's already laying the ground work for why he's cutting Webster.
    And people say I'm jaded