+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Strahan a 1st ballot HOF?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Guaranteed first ballot.

Strahan was the second best strong side DE of all time imo (Reggie White being the first).
    Definitely a 1st ballot H of F'r.

Second best strong side DE?..... Can't agree there. I think Deacon Jones was better than him.

It looks 50/50 chance of 1st ballot, to me. Ultimately, yes. But 1st ballot winners are pretty rare. I mean, if Parcells wasn't elected 1st ballot--with his resume including taking 2 franchises to the SB, winning 2 of 3, and resuscitating 3 other franchises--then anything is possible regarding Strahan's 1st ballot chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Guaranteed first ballot.

Strahan was the second best strong side DE of all time imo (Reggie White being the first).
    Agreed
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

yes.. no doudt Strahan is 1st ballot

Strahan has been a positive face for the NFL, holds the sack record for a single season, has a few Pro-Bowls under his belt and a Super Bowl. I think he'll be a first ballot. Parcells just rubbed folks the wrong way and for some reason, the voters for the Hall of Fame sometimes abuse their powers in order to make a point(ie. look at the current MLB voters).

Absolutely. Plus him being around alot on FOX, Live with Kelly, and other tv exposure is keeping him fresh in voters minds i believe.

Yeah, I think he's 1st ballot......a tremendous pass rusher, but (in my opinion) he was even better playing against the run. He really was a complete player, and when you factor the length of his career, and throw in the Super Bowl upset of the Patriots, I think that clinches it.

Also, from a leadership perspective, this was the guy who met Coughlin half-way.....and ballot voters will admire a player with that sort of character.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

One of the top DE's to ever play the game. He played at a high level for his whole career, even in his last few seasons. Dominant pass rusher AND run stopper. He definitely deserves to go in on the 1st try.

I'd give it about 60-65% chance of first ballot (though I personally believe he deserves such), and 100% chance he will make it in at some point...

Hes a shoe in for 1st ballot.. No chance in heck he dosen't go 1st ballot...

+ Reply to Thread