+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Just for the record in regards to Prince's play

The guy played pretty darn good. I dont think a lot of you understand that he was 1 of our best players.

He was good against the run, he tackled well, layed a couple of decent hits. Held contain on the outside when run supporting (which most of our players dont know how to do)

I personally think he was a bright spot on such a bad defense. I know a lot of people give S Brown and Rolle credit but consistency my vote would go to Prince for a good year when he was healthy.

He played like a first round pick should. Happy to see him stay relatively healthy most of the year. If he can stay on the field he can play. Good post, his play this year doesnt get talked about enough and it should.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

I completely agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    The guy played pretty darn good. I dont think a lot of you understand that he was 1 of our best players.

He was good against the run, he tackled well, layed a couple of decent hits. Held contain on the outside when run supporting (which most of our players dont know how to do)

I personally think he was a bright spot on such a bad defense. I know a lot of people give S Brown and Rolle credit but consistency my vote would go to Prince for a good year when he was healthy.
    Have you seen any threads knocking Prince?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

He played adequetly. Kind of hard to gauge is real strengths with teams picking on CWeb all year but that in itself says something.

He was definitely not one of the sore spots on the defense this year and to that effect I'm ecstatic with his progress.

However keep in mind that most times we rolled coverage his way leaving CWeb out on an island. Any CB is going to look great when he has over the top help 90%+ of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Have you seen any threads knocking Prince?
    Nope, but there are plenty about guys that aren't pulling their weight...so it never hurts to see one praising those who are.

+1 Prince.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Nope, but there are plenty about guys that aren't pulling their weight...so it never hurts to see one praising those who are.

+1 Prince.
    Unfortunately, we don't get a lot of good guy threads here and when we do they fade quickly. Very few posters are interested in good news.

We could use some kind words for Beatty.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We could use some kind words for Beatty.
    Beatty dresses very sharply.

After the bathtub incident, Prince looked like a joke.

He turned out to be the least objectionable corner we have.

Too bad he is always hurt, it was good having him on the field.

I'd like to see what we have by starting Prince and Hosley together. By the ravens game, Hosley had improved to the point where Webster was being targeted anyway...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-04-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.