+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mock 1.3

Veteran

Mock 1.3

I am basing this trade off of the point chart provided. I am not to sure how accruate this is or if this is as easy as i am about to make it look but bare with me thanks. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Trade the 19th pick back to 31 ( Ravens/49ers) they both have needs to fill that might warrant them trading up for that top 20 pick, depending on who's available. We also get their 2nd rounder / or we can take their 3rd rounder/ 4th rounder and a 3rd or second next year. don't argue if its possible or not just look at the draft I guess lol

1st - 31st Pick - Lane Johnson OT / Xavier Rhodes DB - Both picks are great value @ this spot, I see banks and millner as the the two DB's going early, personally I think Rhodes is a better prospect than Millner, but noterity usually prevails with bad GM's { see. redskins for the past decade.} I am leaning to Rhodes here.

2nd - 49th Pick - Datone Jones DE - 6'4 280 big physical kid with some speed and knows how to use his hands to push back his opposition. He helped his stock rise from a 3rd rounder to a 2nd rounder. he will be dominant with his size and documented short area quickness at the LDE spot right next to linval. He was not overly productive at UCLA cause he was moved around alot in their hybrid 3-4 scheme, this adds versitility which is something we like as a DT/DE

2nd - 61st Pick - Sylvester Williams, DT -This kid is the physical interior force that we need next to linval with JPP on his right hip, Canty is still serviceable when healthy so don't expect this kid to come in and take away the starting spot but taking time to learn while rotating in and out will give this kid the tools to be the force we thought Austin was going to be.

3rd- 81st Pick - Kiko Alonso ILB/OLB - I contemplated Nico at this spot, but I feel Alonso is a steal here, due to Jordans hype he has been overlooked a little but if you look this kid is impressive. he's has playmaking potential as well, regestering some interceptions and FF/FR's. 6-4. 242 he has a lanky body so he can add muscle and not lose much speed he's documented at a low 4.7 if that holds then sign me up.

4th- 113th Pick - Rick Wagner OT - Versitile as they get moved from RT to LT and has played some OG. I like this kid at this spot, I am starting to think he might move up as well depending on his showing at the senior bowl; kind of hoping he doesn't he would be a great value here.

5th- 146th Pick - Jonathan Cyprien SS - I like his physicality and he is a hard hitter, He remindes me of chad jones, Solid depth at a position we might/might not need help in.

6th- 178th Pick - Hugh Thornton - Another versitile OT/OG.

7th - 210th Pick - Cornelius Washington DE / Michael Ford RB - I am split here. Washington can be a good rotational DE who has some OLB experience, can be that joker type player that Kiwi has been in out system. Ford is an interesting prospect due to the 3 headed RB system that LSU has his production is lackluster but the talent is there. he is a Andre borwn type of runner, patient, utilizes his blocks and runs with a good combo of speed and power.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

possible but highly unlikely they trade back,,19 isnt a bad to spot to pick and someone is bound to fall to us.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    possible but highly unlikely they trade back,,19 isnt a bad to spot to pick and someone is bound to fall to us.
    As i stated above..."don't argue if its possible or not just look at the draft I guess lol."

There is always one

edit: also gaining an extra pick is always a good option when there is some dropped talent at needed positions

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I am basing this trade off of the point chart provided. I am not to sure how accruate this is or if this is as easy as i am about to make it look but bare with me thanks. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Trade the 19th pick back to 31 ( Ravens/49ers) they both have needs to fill that might warrant them trading up for that top 20 pick, depending on who's available. We also get their 2nd rounder / or we can take their 3rd rounder/ 4th rounder and a 3rd or second next year. don't argue if its possible or not just look at the draft I guess lol

1st - 31st Pick - Lane Johnson OT / Xavier Rhodes DB - Both picks are great value @ this spot, I see banks and millner as the the two DB's going early, personally I think Rhodes is a better prospect than Millner, but noterity usually prevails with bad GM's { see. redskins for the past decade.} I am leaning to Rhodes here.

2nd - 49th Pick - Datone Jones DE - 6'4 280 big physical kid with some speed and knows how to use his hands to push back his opposition. He helped his stock rise from a 3rd rounder to a 2nd rounder. he will be dominant with his size and documented short area quickness at the LDE spot right next to linval. He was not overly productive at UCLA cause he was moved around alot in their hybrid 3-4 scheme, this adds versitility which is something we like as a DT/DE

2nd - 61st Pick - Sylvester Williams, DT -This kid is the physical interior force that we need next to linval with JPP on his right hip, Canty is still serviceable when healthy so don't expect this kid to come in and take away the starting spot but taking time to learn while rotating in and out will give this kid the tools to be the force we thought Austin was going to be.

3rd- 81st Pick - Kiko Alonso ILB/OLB - I contemplated Nico at this spot, but I feel Alonso is a steal here, due to Jordans hype he has been overlooked a little but if you look this kid is impressive. he's has playmaking potential as well, regestering some interceptions and FF/FR's. 6-4. 242 he has a lanky body so he can add muscle and not lose much speed he's documented at a low 4.7 if that holds then sign me up.

4th- 113th Pick - Rick Wagner OT - Versitile as they get moved from RT to LT and has played some OG. I like this kid at this spot, I am starting to think he might move up as well depending on his showing at the senior bowl; kind of hoping he doesn't he would be a great value here.

5th- 146th Pick - Jonathan Cyprien SS - I like his physicality and he is a hard hitter, He remindes me of chad jones, Solid depth at a position we might/might not need help in.

6th- 178th Pick - Hugh Thornton - Another versitile OT/OG.

7th - 210th Pick - Cornelius Washington DE / Michael Ford RB - I am split here. Washington can be a good rotational DE who has some OLB experience, can be that joker type player that Kiwi has been in out system. Ford is an interesting prospect due to the 3 headed RB system that LSU has his production is lackluster but the talent is there. he is a Andre borwn type of runner, patient, utilizes his blocks and runs with a good combo of speed and power.
    Absoulutley love the idea of trading back, with 75 underclassmen(record) being available for the taking.. Think about how many of those underclassmen would of been earlier picks next yr? Basically all of em. So ur in essence getting say a 3rd rd pick that would be a 1st or 2nd in a yr.. I never got why teams and draft gurus don't see this logic? Its wierd.. Also, NO and CLE have no 2nd rd picks, so theres 2 more players on the board..

As for ur draft, i like it alot, but don't see Lane Johnson being available , as the OT class is not top heavy and Lane Johnson is in the same mold as guys like Taylor Lewan and even Eric Fisher to a degree, and hes been killing it at Sr Bowl.. I see some team taking him in RD 1, and even earlier then the top 25picks.. Xavier Rhodes would be a fine pick though...

I really like Datone Jones, and think he'd be a nice fit in Tucks spot going forward, and also Sylvester Williams, who i think is a real stud, and the UNC DT we've coveted since drafting what looks to be bust in Austin.. Williams can supply ample pressure from DT positon while also using his wide body to clog up running lanes next to Linval.. You would think those 2 would make it really tough to run up the middle which seemed to be alittle to easy against us this past season.. Plus, i think Joseph and Williams could combine for 10sacks or so as a DUO going forward...

Ricky Wagner in RD4 is a great pick, and he reminds me of a GIANTS type draft pick, and good value mid 4th...

I don't think Hugh Thornton will be around after the 4th, much less in the 6th.. Hes a OX and really looked the part at his weigh in at SR Bowl..

Overall, i really like ur mock, and the only questions i'd have is weather or not Lane Johnson and Hugh Thornton would be available where u have em going? I honestly dont see it.. But either way, really good mock overall!!!

If i was 2 make that trade, and could fill our draft out, i'd go like this..

1). Kevin Minter ILB LSU
    2). Desmond Trufant CB Washington(i think poyer and rhodes gone by mid 2nd)
    2). Datone Jones DE UCLA(really climbing up my personal rankings, even though i've always liked em, i'm liking em more)
    3). Baccari Rambo S Georgia(might not be available, but at least a shot)
    4). Brian Winters G/T Kent St.
    5). Levine Toilolo TE Stanford
    6). TJ Johnson C/G South Carolina
    7). Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post

1). Kevin Minter ILB LSU
    2). Datone Jones DE UCLA(really climbing up my personal rankings, even though i've always liked em, i'm liking em more)
    I would be stoked with those first 4 picks, I absolutely love Minter and feel like he would be a great fit for us at MLB. and thanks to you I have mocked Rambo twice already in two prior mocks, kid has talent. I like trufant as well, didn't think he would of been ther in the 2nd at where we are picking or I would had a hard time talking myself out of mocking two CB's back to back ( Injury insurance, plus great depth for those receiver spread teams.)
    Dont know much about Maysonet i'll look him up, Toilolo is an interesting pick up and definitely a need pick, how do you fair Michael Williams, I think he can be a receiving option the likes of 40+ receptions 500 yards 3-4 TD, He is already a mauler on the line and as big as most LB's he would out physical those guys over the middle, I just hope his 40 time is in the 4.66 - 4.74 range.
    I like winters in the 4th as well good value and a versitile cog.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I would be stoked with those first 4 picks, I absolutely love Minter and feel like he would be a great fit for us at MLB. and thanks to you I have mocked Rambo twice already in two prior mocks, kid has talent. I like trufant as well, didn't think he would of been ther in the 2nd at where we are picking or I would had a hard time talking myself out of mocking two CB's back to back ( Injury insurance, plus great depth for those receiver spread teams.)
    Dont know much about Maysonet i'll look him up, Toilolo is an interesting pick up and definitely a need pick, how do you fair Michael Williams, I think he can be a receiving option the likes of 40+ receptions 500 yards 3-4 TD, He is already a mauler on the line and as big as most LB's he would out physical those guys over the middle, I just hope his 40 time is in the 4.66 - 4.74 range.
    I like winters in the 4th as well good value and a versitile cog.
    I like Michael Williams, but Slipknottin brought up a idea of him gaining about 30lbs and going to OT which isn't a bad idea, as hes such a talented blocker... Toilolo is a good blocker, with unique size and length, plus a very good redzone target... His HT should work well with ELI, as ELI tends to throw a high ball, and Toilolo should be able to make some nice grabs down the seem on a few high balls, and maybe split em out on some CB's and loft em up.. I seen Stanford do that with him a few times... Redeye actually has a MAYSONET video or 2 up in the Video Thread, and i really like the kid.. Hes kinda in the Ray RIce mold(obviously poor mans version), and i think would be a great 3rd down, or comp back to David Wilson going forward... If he dosen't work out, oh well, it was a 7th rder...

Like u, i love Kevin Minter.. His teammates love em, and he plays hard every snap and plays like a beast.. Seen Winters a bunch , and have likened him for some time now.. Looks more like a G then T with Weigh in at Sr Bowl, but hes versatile enough to help out at RT obviously as well, and Reese seems to covet Versatility on the Oline..

I can't wait for the draft..

Veteran
    Overall, i really like ur mock, and the only questions i'd have is weather or not Lane Johnson and Hugh Thornton would be available where u have em going? I honestly dont see it.. But either way, really good mock overall!!!
    Yeah Lane is jumping up there, with his showing at the Senior bowl practice as well as Thornton. the thornton pic was more of hope than realistic, like the Rambo pick lol. But If i were to redo that then
    Eric Martin DE
    Michael Williams TE
    James Ferentz C/G
    Are some guys I would plug in there and If it's Martin then
    Michael Ford would be a easy selection in the 7th

@Katdaddyjay 17h

1). Kevin Minter ILB LSU

1). Kevin Minter ILB LSU

I like this mock because it has some guys that aren't on my radar yet, which means I've got some guys to go look at. I only saw Trufont play in his bowl game, I didn't really leave all that impressed but totally ignorant to what he brings.

I should mention, it was seeing mocks with Minter to us in the first that got me thinking about Nico Johnson. I don't feel like there's a big gap between the two and Nico you could get much later.

Baccari is a tough one to get a read on. I've liked him for a long time but Georgia fans tend to hate him and every time I try and praise him they tell me he is horrible at taking angles and making tackles. I still like him, not sure which is the better safety out of UGA this year though, him or or Williams. I'd take either.

Toilolo in the 5th I like. I hadn't even thought of him, but the guy has some chops in route running and is a decent blocker. Good call on that one, may rip that off in a future mock.

TJ Johnson... yes, I'll take it. SEC!

No idea who Miguel is.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I should mention, it was seeing mocks with Minter to us in the first that got me thinking about Nico Johnson. I don't feel like there's a big gap between the two and Nico you could get much later.
    I have to respectfully disagree with you here, besides the fact that the coaches love him and the players look up to him the kid is a natural leader. Instinctive, physical, already at a prototypically good size for a 4-3 MLB thumper. Sure, he can get better in coverage but overall he make that up in athleticisim. Nico Johnos is also a great pick where he would fall to 3rd-4th but analyst have Minter jumping up to top 20 first round. There is a big drop in talent from Minter to Johnson.

Edit:
    Minter is a physical downhill linebacker, who plays decisive and tough with an attacking play style. He shows little wasted movements and plays with an infectious intensity that his teammates feed off of, earning praise for his attitude on and off the field by the coaching staff. LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis has called Minter the team's top competitor, and, at the end-of-season banquet, Minter was voted by his teammates as the team's most valuable player. While Te'o appears to be the consensus top prospect at his position, it wouldn't be surprising if some teams rank Minter as the better inside linebacker. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

- "I would be ecstatic to have him in blue and move chase over to SLB while Boley/Williams man the WILL."
    Last edited by rainierjef; 01-23-2013 at 07:30 PM.

@Katdaddyjay 17h