+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRon Landry

LaRon Landry

LaRon Landry says he will not return to the Jets. He wants a long term deal. With Kenny Phillips status up in the air whether he will return or not and after Landry's great season with the Jets. Would you want Reese to bring him in for a look and can we afford him?

No way we can afford him but he is a solid safety. Would love to have him but not happening unless we cut Rolle and let KP go.

I think if Osi, Webster and Kenny Phillips all leave and depending on Cruz's deal. I think he could be affordable. also he wouldn't have to move.

Redskins didn't bring him back because he was often out of position and has a rep as dirty player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones911 View Post
    LaRon Landry says he will not return to the Jets. He wants a long term deal. With Kenny Phillips status up in the air whether he will return or not and after Landry's great season with the Jets. Would you want Reese to bring him in for a look and can we afford him?
    We don't need an upgrade at safety.

How do you define great season? PFF has a negative grade on him and ranks him 65 out of 88 safeties this past year.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    We don't need an upgrade at safety.

How do you define great season? PFF has a negative grade on him and ranks him 65 out of 88 safeties this past year.
    People automatically assume if a player makes some big hits and picks off some passes they are a good player. Landry is not very good and tends to be out of position often.

Banned
    Landry is sucks and is now slow because of all the extra weight he put on, no thanks

I can still see Jacobs steamrolling him when he was a Redskin.

Trading one injury prone guy for another. I'd prefer to give KP a chance to prove he can stay healthy.

Nooooo to Laundry. He's too concerned with trying to take heads off of people which will not fly in the league anymore - sign him only if you want penalties.
    warm salsa