+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thinker stat: other than Coughlin's first year, the Giants have NEVER been worse than 8-8 under him.

I'm not happy with how the offense played today and we'll have to play better against Dallas (D was better though), but you can't deny that's a nice stat to have. Regardless of what happens with first round playoff exits, etc, the Giants have won a lot with him here. If someone told me in 2004 the Giants would have won a super bowl and be in playoff contention almost every year, I would've signed up for that. Look at teams like the browns, the vikings, redskins....they'd kill for that. Hell even the giant fans from the 60s and 70s can probably vouch here.

Re: Thinker stat: other than Coughlin's first year, the Giants have NEVER been worse than 8-8 under him.

[quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]... Hell even the giant fans from the 60s and 70s can probably vouch here.[/quote]
    I was there. Wandered in the football wasteland for my first 20 years as a Giants fan. Most of those seasons were on the low side of 8-8 (or 7-7).

But if the Giants win next week, there's no way Coughlin or Gilbride OR Fewell will be fired. Now, how many haters here will be rooting for Dallas?

Re: Thinker stat: other than Coughlin's first year, the Giants have NEVER been worse than 8-8 under him.

Honestly? Yes I'm rooting for Dallas to stomp a mud hole in us. Lol @ Fewells job not being in jeproday

[quote user="krygny"][quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]... Hell even the giant fans from the 60s and 70s can probably vouch here.[/quote]
    I was there. Wandered in the football wasteland for my first 20 years as a Giants fan. Most of those seasons were on the low side of 8-8 (or 7-7).

But if the Giants win next week, there's no way Coughlin or Gilbride OR Fewell will be fired. Now, how many haters here will be rooting for Dallas?

[/quote]I guess you are used to accepting mediocrity and if 9-7 is not mediocrity to you then I am sorry that you have such a low standards. Other than 2007 Coughlin's teams have done nothing special, Even when they made the playoffs they got trounced in the first game. So, even if we make this year's playoffs, the chances getting by teams like Detroit or Atlanta are minimal.

[quote user="giantsforce"][quote user="krygny"][quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]... Hell even the giant fans from the 60s and 70s can probably vouch here.[/quote]

[/quote]I guess you are used to accepting mediocrity and if 9-7 is not mediocrity to you then I am sorry that you have such a low standards. Other than 2007 Coughlin's teams have done nothing special, Even when they made the playoffs they got trounced in the first game. So, even if we make this year's playoffs, the chances getting by teams like Detroit or Atlanta are minimal.[/quote]
    So, when DID you ever root for the Giants? By your logic, you sure as hell didn't root for them in 2007 either.

[quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]I'm not happy with how the offense played today and we'll have to play better against Dallas (D was better though), but you can't deny that's a nice stat to have. Regardless of what happens with first round playoff exits, etc, the Giants have won a lot with him here. If someone told me in 2004 the Giants would have won a super bowl and be in playoff contention almost every year, I would've signed up for that. Look at teams like the browns, the vikings, redskins....they'd kill for that. Hell even the giant fans from the 60s and 70s can probably vouch here.
    [/quote]

FWIW, no other Giant head coach can make the same claim that other than their first year, they did not have a losing season...

Coughlin is a great coach and great man. Anybody else notice him shoving the doc and everyone aside so he could go coach the team?

(Giantsforce) Your arugment is flawed as well, '07 they only went 10-6,just like they did in '11, and as far as when they havent been mediocre, hows about '05 when they won the division with 11 wins and '08 when they had 12 wins. Also for the op even the fans of mid 90s can appreciate whats happening here.

[quote user="krygny"][quote user="giantsforce"][quote user="krygny"][quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]... Hell even the giant fans from the 60s and 70s can probably vouch here.[/quote]

[/quote]I guess you are used to accepting mediocrity and if 9-7 is not mediocrity to you then I am sorry that you have such a low standards. Other than 2007 Coughlin's teams have done nothing special, Even when they made the playoffs they got trounced in the first game. So, even if we make this year's playoffs, the chances getting by teams like Detroit or Atlanta are minimal.[/quote]
    So, when DID you ever root for the Giants? By your logic, you sure as hell didn't root for them in 2007 either.

[/quote]What does rooting for the Giants have to do with the fact that we have been a mediocre team under Coughlin? Of course I root for them to win. The problem is I am not willing to accept mediocre efforts. Rooting has nothing to do with telling it like it is?Coughlin's Nov/Dec record: 29-42, Now that's something to root for!

[quote user="Medisleman"]Coughlin is a great coach and great man.** Anybody else notice him shoving the doc and everyone aside so he could go coach the team?
    [/quote]Coach the game? Since when Coughlin coaches the game? He is just a bystander that he likes to watch the game from the sidelines and did not want to miss the action. It is not like he does anything other than having a stupid look on his face when Killdrive or Fewell call a crapy game!