+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Martellus Bennett- Resign or No-Resign?

Played graet this year, thru the injury and all. Hope his bro' comes over too.

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    we don't value the TE in this offense, we have done well with average TE's like Ballard and Boss, If he comes back cheap, Im down, if not let him walk.
    We certainly aren't the most TE-friendly offense, but if we had an elite talent like Rob Gronkowski, you could be sure that he'd be utilized equally as much here as he is in NE.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    We certainly aren't the most TE-friendly offense, but if we had an elite talent like Rob Gronkowski, you could be sure that he'd be utilized equally as much here as he is in NE.
    Unless he fumbled in which case he'd have sat on the bench for 2/3 of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Unless he fumbled in which case he'd have sat on the bench for 2/3 of the season.
    #CoachCoughlinProblems

I definitely like the guy. We should re-sign him.

I say Re-Sign.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    we don't value the TE in this offense, we have done well with average TE's like Ballard and Boss, If he comes back cheap, Im down, if not let him walk.
    Just because he's not out catching on every snap doesn't mean he's sitting on his *** doing nothing. Marty's blocking is very important, and honestly he helped offset the deficiencies from DD's play for a good chunk of the season...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Sign him. We need to stabilize the tight end position for the future. If Robinson provides what Reese believes he can and Bennett can replicate what he has done then that gives another option for Eli and Gilbride on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Just because he's not out catching on every snap doesn't mean he's sitting on his *** doing nothing. Marty's blocking is very important, and honestly he helped offset the deficiencies from DD's play for a good chunk of the season...
    +1

i'd argue, given our current talent set, we need him as a blocker more than a receiver.

to me its no suprise that our running game improved substantially in the same year he showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    +1

i'd argue, given our current talent set, we need him as a blocker more than a receiver.

to me its no suprise that our running game improved substantially in the same year he showed up.
    Yup, his blocking assets are far more valuable to us this his catching abilities. I feel his route running and catching abilities are just an extra gift for us from him lol.

+ Reply to Thread