+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't know about you but I'm THRILLED Chip Kelly is staying away from Philly

Lightbulb I don't know about you but I'm THRILLED Chip Kelly is staying away from Philly

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    BREAKING: Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the #Browns coach, according to a source informed of his situation.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

At least this most likely means that Philly and Washington are the only teams swapping identites... now Washington will be the really annoying team with a mobile QB and Philly will be the basement dweller. Cowboys are the same old...

Why? It's unlikely to assume that Kelly will be able to run his Oregon offense in the NFL. He has ZERO experience in the NFL at any capacity. He has no idea how the pro-game works, no idea of how the front office works, how the draft works, personnel decisions, etc. Everything will be foreign to him.

What is the obsession with college coaches all of a sudden? The best college-turned pro-coaches are the ones that run schemes that translate to the NFL. Greg Schiano, Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll -- all guys who ran pro schemes in college, and had a background in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Why? It's unlikely to assume that Kelly will be able to run his Oregon offense in the NFL. He has ZERO experience in the NFL at any capacity. He has no idea how the pro-game works, no idea of how the front office works, how the draft works, personnel decisions, etc. Everything will be foreign to him.

What is the obsession with college coaches all of a sudden? The best college-turned pro-coaches are the ones that run schemes that translate to the NFL. Greg Schiano, Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll -- all guys who ran pro schemes in college, and had a background in the NFL.
    Kelly was something like 46-7? That's impressive

LINK

Chip Kelly may be creating a quarterback controversy in Cleveland before he even gets the job.

Colt McCoy? Look at how committed he is to run his scheme which will probably not even succeed in the NFL. What's his next move, trade Trent Richardson for LaMichael James? Come on Philly, up the offer.

I am also thrilled to see Chip Kelly not going to the eagles. He has a heck of innovative play calling and he will do great in the NFL. He has been involved in the NFl as a consultant and has worked with a few coaches and even Belicheck consults with him. I would have loved to see him become our OC instead of the garbage Killdrive but he is destined to be a HC. As far as Killdrive and Fewell goes, isn't it strange how a lot of coordinators are inteviewing with mutliple teams and we have not seen even a single team being interested in them?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    I am also thrilled to see Chip Kelly not going to the eagles. He has a heck of innovative play calling and he will do great in the NFL. He has been involved in the NFl as a consultant and has worked with a few coaches and even Belicheck consults with him. I would have loved to see him become our OC instead of the garbage Killdrive but he is destined to be a HC. As far as Killdrive and Fewell goes, isn't it strange how a lot of coordinators are inteviewing with mutliple teams and we have not seen even a single team being interested in them?
    Yes, very strange; Killdrive clearly sucks.

And besides the Patriots' coaching staff, who else has he consulted with?

And what if he does well?... or very well? I'd rather not roll those dice with the offensive talent they have.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    And what if he does well?... or very well? I'd rather not roll those dice with the offensive talent they have.
    Their talent is Shady McCoy. Their OL is absolutely atrocious, Jackson is a one-trick pony, Maclin is a solid receiver, and Avant is an average slot guy. Oh, and they have no QB.

+ Reply to Thread