+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't know about you but I'm THRILLED Chip Kelly is staying away from Philly

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Why? It's unlikely to assume that Kelly will be able to run his Oregon offense in the NFL. He has ZERO experience in the NFL at any capacity. He has no idea how the pro-game works, no idea of how the front office works, how the draft works, personnel decisions, etc. Everything will be foreign to him. What is the obsession with college coaches all of a sudden? The best college-turned pro-coaches are the ones that run schemes that translate to the NFL. Greg Schiano, Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll -- all guys who ran pro schemes in college, and had a background in the NFL.
    This is funny, some one on a football forum putting down a guy who is being hired for a job you know nothing about. I'm not a chip fan, I'm a Oregon State fan so I'm glad to see him go. Kelly is not a dumb guy he will place a team around him to help him in the areas he does not know. Be glad he is not in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by 22for25 View Post
    This is funny, some one on a football forum putting down a guy who is being hired for a job you know nothing about. I'm not a chip fan, I'm a Oregon State fan so I'm glad to see him go. Kelly is not a dumb guy he will place a team around him to help him in the areas he does not know. Be glad he is not in the East.
    A MB serves the purpose of discussing a game we know very little about, I don't see your point. And personally, I don't hold Kelly in too high of a regard. He won* games in college with scheme and superior talent, which will be harder to do and acquire in the professional game where the talent pool is much higher league-wide, and the coaches are vastly superior. Now, if you can look past my ignorance that you felt was important to point out, was there anything wrong with what I said then, and am saying now?
    Last edited by gmen0820; 01-05-2013 at 02:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Their talent is Shady McCoy. Their OL is absolutely atrocious, Jackson is a one-trick pony, Maclin is a solid receiver, and Avant is an average slot guy. Oh, and they have no QB.
    All they need is a QB and I'd prefer them, to not have a good HC when that time comes.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

+ Reply to Thread