+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran Sean Montemayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    CaliforNIA
    Posts
    960

    Question Re-sign Lawrence Tynes?

    Yes or no?
    2015 Mock Draft 1.0
    Round, Position, Player, School

    1st DE, Randy Gregory, Nebraska
    2nd OG, Ali Marpet, Hobart
    3rd ILB, Paul Dawson, TCU
    4th DT, Gabe Wright, Auburn
    5th WR, Dezmin Lewis, Central Arkansas
    6th TE, Nick Boyle, Delaware
    7th CB, Justin Coleman, Tennessee
    7th FS, Cedric Thompson, Minnesota

  2. #2
    In lieu of a quality replacement - yes. He's reliable.

    If only Blair Walshes would just fall out of the sky...

  3. #3
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13,078
    No.

    The Giants can do better....Tynes is one of the reasons why the Giants missed the playoffs this season.

    The dude can't hit from outside 49 yards.....and it killed us in that loss to Philly.

    Considering late season conditions in the Meadowlands, the Giants should logically have one of the strongest kickers in the league....instead, Tynes has one of the weakest legs in the NFL.
    "They come to the line of scrimmage and the first thing they do is start looking for me....I know, and they know. When they’d find me they’d start screaming: 56 left ! 56 left!....So there’s this thing I did. After the play was over I’d come up behind them and whisper: don’t worry where I am. I’ll tell you when I get there."
    - Lawrence Taylor

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    No.

    The Giants can do better....Tynes is one of the reasons why the Giants missed the playoffs this season.

    The dude can't hit from outside 49 yards.....and it killed us in that loss to Philly.

    Considering late season conditions in the Meadowlands, the Giants should logically have one of the strongest kickers in the league....instead, Tynes has one of the weakest legs in the NFL.
    You're right, it's 100% his fault Barden decided to rape someone on the field.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzlesticks View Post
    You're right, it's 100% his fault Barden decided to rape someone on the field.
    And it's 100% the fault of either of them that Eli had a senior moment and thought Nicks was wearing #13...

  6. #6
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13,078
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzlesticks View Post
    You're right, it's 100% his fault Barden decided to rape someone on the field.
    I'm not going to fault Tynes for that dopey playcall by Gilbride and Eli.

    But the fact is, he missed a kick that most NFL kickers can make. Weak *** mother ****er couldn't even clear the cross bar.
    "They come to the line of scrimmage and the first thing they do is start looking for me....I know, and they know. When they’d find me they’d start screaming: 56 left ! 56 left!....So there’s this thing I did. After the play was over I’d come up behind them and whisper: don’t worry where I am. I’ll tell you when I get there."
    - Lawrence Taylor

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'm not going to fault Tynes for that dopey playcall by Gilbride and Eli.

    But the fact is, he missed a kick that most NFL kickers can make. Weak *** mother ****er couldn't even clear the cross bar.
    You're not paying attention if you think most NFL kickers would hit that 54 yarder at the end of the game in Philly. I am not a numbers guy but I am sure someone here can research the percentages on that kick. I bet that kick gets missed by NFL kickers more than 60% of the time.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I am sure someone here can research the percentages on that kick. I bet that kick gets missed by NFL kickers more than 60% of the time.
    Yeah, that looks about right, although there were a handful who kicked 100% from 50+:

    Blair Walsh: 10/10
    Phil Dawson: 7/7
    Matt Bryant and Justin Tucker: 4/4

    Tynes' 1/3 is near the bottom, percentage-wise. He's deadly from any range shorter, though.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-05-2013 at 07:03 AM.

  9. #9
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    28,574
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'm not going to fault Tynes for that dopey playcall by Gilbride and Eli.

    But the fact is, he missed a kick that most NFL kickers can make. Weak *** mother ****er couldn't even clear the cross bar.
    he also kept them in games they would have other wise lost.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    No.

    The Giants can do better....Tynes is one of the reasons why the Giants missed the playoffs this season.

    The dude can't hit from outside 49 yards.....and it killed us in that loss to Philly.

    Considering late season conditions in the Meadowlands, the Giants should logically have one of the strongest kickers in the league....instead, Tynes has one of the weakest legs in the NFL.
    Tynes must work hard... which is a trait that TC loves.
    He has gradually increased his kick-off distance. It was poor just 3 years ago, and has improved markedly.
    He has been very accurate, despite the misses at the end of the year, which we all always remember.
    He has proven that he can make a clutch FG in bad weather.

    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts