+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-sign Lawrence Tynes?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    We also kick off at the 35 now.
    I think that was the biggest improvement in Tynes' game.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I think that was the biggest improvement in Tynes' game.
    You really don't seem to be a fan of his. The guy is money in the clutch, and you certainly can't fault him for missing a high pressured mid-50 yard kick. That's an incredibly difficult to make under any circumstances.

You really don't seem to be a fan of his. The guy is money in the clutch, and you certainly can't fault him for missing a high pressured mid-50 yard kick. That's an incredibly difficult to make under any circumstances.
    No, I'm really not a fan of his.

I just think an NFL kicker should be physically capable of attempting a 50+ yard kick, just like a MLB pitcher should be able to break 90 mph with a fastball.

And considering the weather he needs to play in, it's even more important that he has a strong leg....which, sadly, he does not.

I'm not saying he sucks....I'm saying the Giants could do better.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

No, I'm really not a fan of his.

I just think an NFL kicker should be physically capable of attempting a 50+ yard kick, just like a MLB pitcher should be able to break 90 mph with a fastball.

And considering the weather he needs to play in, it's even more important that he has a strong leg....which, sadly, he does not.

I'm not saying he sucks....I'm saying the Giants could do better.
    He's made 11 FGs over 50 yards in his career, including one this year.

Keep him. He did a great job! No kicker is perfect.

We also kick off at the 35 now.
    I considered that.
    From the 30 he regularly kicked it down to the 3-4 yard line.
    Now he often kicks it to 5 yards deep in the end zone.
    I'm sure if we had a stat that followed that KO distance, we'd find that he kicks the ball 4-6 yards, on average, deeper than he did 3 years ago.

Yes. So tell me, if the rest of the team performed at the same level he did this year, are we watching the redskins this week end? Unless something a lot better comes along for the right $$$ you go with the Scotchman!

Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    Yes. So tell me, if the rest of the team performed at the same level he did this year, are we watching the redskins this week end? Unless something a lot better comes along for the right $$$ you go with the Scotchman!
    QFT /thread

Yes!

He has sent us into 2 Superbowls. Keep Him!
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

I'm not going to fault Tynes for that dopey playcall by Gilbride and Eli.

But the fact is, he missed a kick that most NFL kickers can make. Weak *** mother ****er couldn't even clear the cross bar.
    You're not paying attention if you think most NFL kickers would hit that 54 yarder at the end of the game in Philly. I am not a numbers guy but I am sure someone here can research the percentages on that kick. I bet that kick gets missed by NFL kickers more than 60% of the time.

+ Reply to Thread