+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63

Thread: Re-sign Lawrence Tynes?

  1. #11
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,557
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    We also kick off at the 35 now.
    I think that was the biggest improvement in Tynes' game.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  2. #12
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,275
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I think that was the biggest improvement in Tynes' game.
    You really don't seem to be a fan of his. The guy is money in the clutch, and you certainly can't fault him for missing a high pressured mid-50 yard kick. That's an incredibly difficult to make under any circumstances.

  3. #13
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,557
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    You really don't seem to be a fan of his. The guy is money in the clutch, and you certainly can't fault him for missing a high pressured mid-50 yard kick. That's an incredibly difficult to make under any circumstances.
    No, I'm really not a fan of his.

    I just think an NFL kicker should be physically capable of attempting a 50+ yard kick, just like a MLB pitcher should be able to break 90 mph with a fastball.

    And considering the weather he needs to play in, it's even more important that he has a strong leg....which, sadly, he does not.

    I'm not saying he sucks....I'm saying the Giants could do better.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  4. #14
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,275
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    No, I'm really not a fan of his.

    I just think an NFL kicker should be physically capable of attempting a 50+ yard kick, just like a MLB pitcher should be able to break 90 mph with a fastball.

    And considering the weather he needs to play in, it's even more important that he has a strong leg....which, sadly, he does not.

    I'm not saying he sucks....I'm saying the Giants could do better.
    He's made 11 FGs over 50 yards in his career, including one this year.

  5. #15
    Starter mercurio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ocean,NJ
    Posts
    326
    Keep him. He did a great job! No kicker is perfect.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    We also kick off at the 35 now.
    I considered that.
    From the 30 he regularly kicked it down to the 3-4 yard line.
    Now he often kicks it to 5 yards deep in the end zone.
    I'm sure if we had a stat that followed that KO distance, we'd find that he kicks the ball 4-6 yards, on average, deeper than he did 3 years ago.

  7. #17
    Yes. So tell me, if the rest of the team performed at the same level he did this year, are we watching the redskins this week end? Unless something a lot better comes along for the right $$$ you go with the Scotchman!

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    Yes. So tell me, if the rest of the team performed at the same level he did this year, are we watching the redskins this week end? Unless something a lot better comes along for the right $$$ you go with the Scotchman!
    QFT /thread

  9. #19
    Yes!

    He has sent us into 2 Superbowls. Keep Him!
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'm not going to fault Tynes for that dopey playcall by Gilbride and Eli.

    But the fact is, he missed a kick that most NFL kickers can make. Weak *** mother ****er couldn't even clear the cross bar.
    You're not paying attention if you think most NFL kickers would hit that 54 yarder at the end of the game in Philly. I am not a numbers guy but I am sure someone here can research the percentages on that kick. I bet that kick gets missed by NFL kickers more than 60% of the time.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts