+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Re-sign Lawrence Tynes?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    What if we draft a kicker and get Matt Dodge in kicker form
    I don't think we even need to draft a kicker.....just bring in some UFA's for a competition this season.

Aguy who can't kick beyond 50 shouldn't be guaranteed a job next season....that's my main point.

But like I said, it's likely irrelevant....Coughlin has bigger worries than his kicking game.....Tynes is good inside 40 yards, and so Coughlin will just go with the devil he knows.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

I like Tynes. Yes, he missed 2 very crucial field goals in the season, if both made, would have no doubt propelled us into the playoffs, but we can do the "if, then" game with all sides of the ball to talk about improving our record this season and having made the post-season. He's fairly consistent if the kick is less than 50 yards. Let's stick by him.
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

Quote Originally Posted by G-MANning4Life View Post
    I like Tynes. Yes, he missed 2 very crucial field goals in the season, if both made, would have no doubt propelled us into the playoffs, but we can do the "if, then" game with all sides of the ball to talk about improving our record this season and having made the post-season. He's fairly consistent if the kick is less than 50 yards. Let's stick by him.
    I'll agree there....he doesn't blow too many easy kicks.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

+ Reply to Thread