+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Re-sign Lawrence Tynes?

Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    Yes!

He has sent us into 2 Superbowls. Keep Him!
    This !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by giants_rock View Post
    Worst field goal percentage in the division under 50 yards in 2012:
    Lawrence Tynes:
    <50 - 32/36 - 89%
    50+ - 1/3 - 33%
    Dan Bailey:
    <50 - 26/26 - 100%
    >50 - 3/5 - 60%
    Kai Forbath
    <50 - 16/17 - 94%
    50+ - 1/1 - 100%
    Alex Henry:
    <50 - 27/30 - 90%
    50+ - 0/1 - 0%
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/players
    Very telling

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Tynes is a reliable kicker with the game on the line. Nobody can kick 56 yards against the wind in the rain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I plan on the Giants to be in many high pressure situations, so I wanted a kicker with no nerves. Tynes is probably a top 5 clutch kicker in the league.
    Clutch? The guy made one easy FG in perfect conditions in SF. In Lambeau he missed 2 before he made the game winner in 2007. We can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    Tynes is a reliable kicker with the game on the line. Nobody can kick 56 yards against the wind in the rain.
    His career long is like 52.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Clutch? The guy made one easy FG in perfect conditions in SF. In Lambeau he missed 2 before he made the game winner in 2007. We can do better.
    Who?

the only consistent part of the Giant this year was the kicking/punting game.
    With the "real" issues the team has do we need to harp on Tynes????
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    How do you know that? We could easily end up with a Matt Dodge kicker, then what? If someone substantially better is available, ok...But who is that guy exactly? Shoot a name out with that proclamation.
    Every year guys come out of college.....a good example this year was Blair Walsh of the Vikings. I haven't checked the draft reports for 2013, but I'd imagine there are other guys out there that can nail long FGs.

Tynes is consistent....inside 40 yards. Whoopee.

It's a moot point, really......the Giants will keep Tynes, and we'll keep punting from the opponent's 35 because Tynes can't kick a long field goal.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by NWKEffectElement View Post
    Very telling
    The only thing that tells is that Tynes has had more kicks under 50 yards than the others and only Dan Bailey has had more over 50 yards and that we're not getting touchdowns when we are under 50 yards...instead settling for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Tynes has not missed an extra point attempt since 2007. Four + consecutive seasons with no missed extra point attempts (he missed most of 2008). He may have set a Giants record with extra points made vs attempted, although I cannot find verification right now. I thought Michael Eisen made that point in one of his "Inside the numbers" post game articles last year.

He was 100% (11 of 11) in attempts/made FGs under 30 yards this year. He made 14 of 16 attempts at 30-39 yards (and he made 7 of 9 attempts from 40-49 yeards). So, no, Tynes has not "inexplicably" missed "what are basically chip shots sometimes".

And if you are referring to attempts made from 30 yards and beyond as "chip shots", you might want to ask a pro place kicker if that's the case.

It's certainly your perogative to dislike a player, but please don't make up nonexistent "stats" to justify your dislike.
    You just pwned that dude. Bet he doesn't even reply.

+ Reply to Thread