+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mock Draft boards have us taking: BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah

12/16/2012 - 2012 FBS ALL-INDEPENDENT FIRST TEAM: DL Ezekiel Ansah (Sr.), BYU, has been selected First Team All-Independent for the 2012 college football season by members of a nationwide media panel, which includes equal representation from each of the independent institutions' coverage markets. The senior from Ghana has emerged as a top defender on BYU's third-ranked defense, allowing 266.3 yards per game. Ansah has 57 tackles and is second on the team with 13.0 tackles for loss. He adds 4.5 sacks, eight pass breakups and six quarterback hurries.

draftcountdown.com
    nfldraftscout.com

Veteran
    we usually never take the person selected in the mock draft.

Which mock draft? Many had us taking JPP, and sure enough, he was selected. Also, remember some matches with KP and Nicks.

Veteran
    Ansah is a very interesting prospect - very raw skill - fast and athletic - remind you of someone. Same words used for JPP but JPP was even more freakish. Still this is a very Giants like prospect. You can never have enough pass rushers - would like him to put on some weight. Be interesting to see how he does at combine.

By the way my draft post got moved yours is probably next. Im not exactly sure why as it seems to be giants related. Waiting for an explanation.

Eh, I knew that was going to come out. You can paint a similar scenario for multiple prospects which can make a comparison to JPP very misleading. Other than the whole "raw athleticism with little experience" descriptor, they are two very different players in their own ways.

He seems to be a raw/underdeveloped pass rusher. We need someone who can get pressure not get stonewalled most of the time and play good run d. Tuck can do that already.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Eh, I knew that was going to come out. You can paint a similar scenario for multiple prospects which can make a comparison to JPP very misleading. Other than the whole "raw athleticism with little experience" descriptor, they are two very different players in their own ways.
    I know what your saying and I get tired of the comparisons too but I gotta be honest When I watch tape of Ansah I can't see a difference between his tape and JPP's. They're practically clones.

Veteran
    Penguin as i said similar words but that doesnt mean he is the same at all. Comparisons just sometimes give you an idea of the type of player he could be. But to compare him to a guy progressing like jpp is definitely not always fair.

That said if you've seen ziggy what are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Actually the year ew drafted KP and Nicks, every other mock out there had us taking them
    Not really, it was nearly unanimous that we were going Dan Connor when we took KP.