+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 in these positions in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Explained renewed willingness to me, are you saying Eli wasn't willing to do that last year?
    In 2010 Eli led the league in picks. He worked on that in the offseason and in 2011 was more willing to take a sack than risk the errant throw being turned into a pick, especially with the then-unsure situation we had at WR (Nicks was banged up, Hixon went down for the season, we didn't yet know what we had in Cruz, and we had signed Brandon freaking Stokley to bolster our WR group).

One more year removed from that, and Eli started throwing early again, just to make sure the ball got out before he would otherwise get sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    2011 was more willing to take a sack than risk the errant throw being turned into a pick
    Then why were we still top 8 in sacks allowed with only 28 given up?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    One more year removed from that, and Eli started throwing early again, just to make sure the ball got out before he would otherwise get sacked.
    So why did Eli's interceptions go down from last year?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Then why were we still top 8 in sacks allowed with only 28 given up?

So why did Eli's interceptions go down from last year?
    So you believe the offensive line performed well this year? I personally thought it was terrible. They couldn't run block for shat and regardless of the sack total, Eli was under a lot of pressure and almost always seemed to have to get it off in under 3 seconds or take a sack. This team needs to make the offensive line a priority since Eli isn't mobile and this line can't run block.

Just thinking of another year of an aging Diehl makes me want to puke.

We now have RGlll in our division and need guys to make him more of a ordinary qb. A good lb would be nice to have for those qbs who are able to move around like rbs or a good fb.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Include DTs, were not exactly well off there..
    DTs
    1. Star Lotulelei
    2. Sheldon Richardson
    3. John Jenkins
    4. Shariff Floyd
    5. John Hankins

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    DTs
    1. Star Lotulelei
    2. Sheldon Richardson
    3. John Jenkins
    4. Shariff Floyd
    5. John Hankins
    No short?

Veteran
    If we're gonna take an OL position high in draft, it better at the G position.

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    So you believe the offensive line performed well this year? I personally thought it was terrible. They couldn't run block for shat and regardless of the sack total, Eli was under a lot of pressure and almost always seemed to have to get it off in under 3 seconds or take a sack. This team needs to make the offensive line a priority since Eli isn't mobile and this line can't run block.

Just thinking of another year of an aging Diehl makes me want to puke.
    It has nothing to do with the whether the OL played good or bad from my perspective, that isn't what I'm commenting on.

We've won a SB with a worse OL, as recently as last year. With that said, it'd be nice to re-sign Beatty, but he is not the utmost highest priority like some have said. We aren't cornered in by Beatty, or in a position where we have to give in to his demands, and we certainly don't have to waste a whole draft on one unit if we don't get Beatty back.

And for the record, I wasn't necessarily impressed by our OL, but I was far more unimpressed with the play of our WRs which meant balls were being dropped, and man coverage wasn't being consistently beaten as it was in the past. With Nicks coming back healthy, and Cruz either returning with a new deal or a tender, and Randle continuing to develop (and possibly Jernigan, too), I think we'll be fine as an offense moving forward.

First round I'd go OL/CB, 2nd DL (DE or DT) and 3rd I'd want to pick up an athletic MLB who can act as a spy when playing RGIII

Can't remember the last time this team picked an offensive lineman in the first round. My bet is they take an end, probably ansah, Jordan or mingo depending if they fall. If they do take an OT or G I'd hope for the best available talent which will probably be fisher or warmack. I personally would love to get fluker in the 2nd round. His passion is so infectious.

+ Reply to Thread