+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Here's an interesting thought... are there any top-flight centers in this year's draft class? If Locklear can return, OT won't be as big of a need (especially with Mosley ready to backup, we wouldn't need Diehl anymore). But Baas has been way underperforming ever since we got him. I've seen some specials that say that a good C is important on the O-line, as he is often also responsible for checking blocking assignments for the OL and dealing with any mismatches the D-line tries to create.
    Baas did underperform this year but I think there is no way we are getting rid of him.. the cap hit would probably be huge and we have bigger priorities than Center..

Here's an interesting thought... are there any top-flight centers in this year's draft class? If Locklear can return, OT won't be as big of a need (especially with Mosley ready to backup, we wouldn't need Diehl anymore). But Baas has been way underperforming ever since we got him. I've seen some specials that say that a good C is important on the O-line, as he is often also responsible for checking blocking assignments for the OL and dealing with any mismatches the D-line tries to create.
    Locklear was nothing more than a stop gap this year, so I doubt with knee rehab, and a year of age he will do anything but decline. RT is a huge need, and this is all under the assumption that we re-sign Beatty.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Locklear was nothing more than a stop gap this year, so I doubt with knee rehab, and a year of age he will do anything but decline. RT is a huge need, and this is all under the assumption that we re-sign Beatty.
    I think we have to get Beatty back. He's a higher priority than Cruz at this point for me... not by much, but still. Cruz may be a great receiver, but Beatty is the only good one on our entire offensive line...

I think we have to get Beatty back. He's a higher priority than Cruz at this point for me... not by much, but still. Cruz may be a great receiver, but Beatty is the only good one on our entire offensive line...
    I wouldn't break the bank for Beatty by any stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I wouldn't break the bank for Beatty by any stretch.
    It's either that or spend the entire draft on OL. Baas is terrible, Boothe is not much better, Diehl is done, and Snee not too far behind him...

It's either that or spend the entire draft on OL. Baas is terrible, Boothe is not much better, Diehl is done, and Snee not too far behind him...
    I think as fans we need to start hooking on the corner to siffer money into the cap lol

And yet they've collectively given up the least amount of sacks in the league, and have improved in pressures allowed from their 2011 SB season.

Not to mention about 18 slots higher in run game rank.

Eli's pocket presence and renewed willingness to force a ball in bad situations (resulting in more picks) is what truly kept his sack count down. Also, they did a lot better when Locklear was playing than when Diehl was. I'd like to see their grade in just the games that Diehl started and played through.

As for the run game, I'm giving more credit to Hynocerous and Unicorn for making a lot of the big blocks we've needed in there, as well as having RBs in Brown and Wilson that aren't afraid to hit the hole when it does show up (as opposed to tip toe jacobs)

Eli's pocket presence and renewed willingness to force a ball in bad situations (resulting in more picks) is what truly kept his sack count down. Also, they did a lot better when Locklear was playing than when Diehl was. I'd like to see their grade in just the games that Diehl started and played through.As for the run game, I'm giving more credit to Hynocerous and Unicorn for making a lot of the big blocks we've needed in there, as well as having RBs in Brown and Wilson that aren't afraid to hit the hole when it does show up (as opposed to tip toe jacobs)
    Explained renewed willingness to me, are you saying Eli wasn't willing to do that last year?