+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    No part of me wants a LBer first round. Give me the top DE, or a big physically-imposing CB. I'd even take a highly-rated, mauling OT/OG over LBer.
    I agree with this. im just not a fan of taking LB in round one. here's my top 4 though in no order.

CB

OT

DT

DE

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    No part of me wants a LBer first round. Give me the top DE, or a big physically-imposing CB. I'd even take a highly-rated, mauling OT/OG over LBer.
    same here.. I'd be good with DT Sheldon Richardson too

LB #1 need for giants right now we need all pro lb so rg3 doesnt run all over us n the fast scat backs dont either its a speed league now we need speed n we have very slow lbs

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
    LB #1 need for giants right now we need all pro lb so rg3 doesnt run all over us n the fast scat backs dont either its a speed league now we need speed n we have very slow lbs
    you're right but we need DE, CB, and OT probably in that order. If we don't take a LB in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round that means whoever is left isn't that good anyways. We could draft a LB in 2014.

I think we can get good value at LB in the second and third round with Kevin Red**** and Arthur Brown. I believe we can get one of these two players on the 2-3 round. NFL network said this is a week class for cornerback, so i can see the Giants takin either a DE or OT in the first. I think Fisher would be a very good pick, same with Ansah. Also like the Giants taking CB David Amerson in the second, he is big and physical, stands at 6-3 ft. and comes from the same school as Richard Sherman.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    I think we can get good value at LB in the second and third round with
    The problem is, is that almost every single year the Giants Message Board always predicts a top 3 round LBer, but the only thing that happens is he slips REALLY far.

Ali Highsmith, Micah Johnson, Erin Henderson, Vontaze Burfict, Quan Sturdivant are a few names that come off the top of my head.

As a whole, we're terrible LBer evaluators.

I would love to make a prediction but I'm not an expert at all, I'd love to see who they cut before I make a prediction but I'd say we need offensive and defensive line help. That's what our team is built off of. The offensive line to protect Eli and help with the run game and the defensive liine to create pressure.. I'd be happy with OL, DT or DE really...

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    I would love to make a prediction but I'm not an expert at all, I'd love to see who they cut before I make a prediction but I'd say we need offensive and defensive line help. That's what our team is built off of. The offensive line to protect Eli and help with the run game and the defensive liine to create pressure.. I'd be happy with OL, DT or DE really...
    I feel DT is a need position, but I'm still not sold it's a required a first round pick. German boy, Markus Kuhn, can still develop I say we wait a little more, plus Linval has been pretty good for us.

Here's an interesting thought... are there any top-flight centers in this year's draft class? If Locklear can return, OT won't be as big of a need (especially with Mosley ready to backup, we wouldn't need Diehl anymore). But Baas has been way underperforming ever since we got him. I've seen some specials that say that a good C is important on the O-line, as he is often also responsible for checking blocking assignments for the OL and dealing with any mismatches the D-line tries to create.

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    I feel DT is a need position, but I'm still not sold it's a required a first round pick. German boy, Markus Kuhn, can still develop I say we wait a little more, plus Linval has been pretty good for us.
    We do have young talent at DT, Kuhn is coming back from an injury though. We have Joseph, Austin and Kuhn for your young guys and Bernard and Canty as our older guys. I couldnt say if we keep Bernard and Canty this upcoming season so we will have to see.

As for DE's we have Tuck, JPP, Osi, Tracey and Ojomo with a possibility of Kiwi. I think the only one going away this year is Osi, because Tuck is still under contract.