+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is the best way to improve this team?

In my opinion, the best way to improve a team is with defense, and the best way to improve a defense is with a tough linebacker.

I want a fast linebacker, but I'm more interested in someone who:

a) Can shed a block.
    b) Hits like a ton of bricks.

This defense needs a linebacker that can deliver a punishing hit to a running back or tight end.....someone who forces the offense to account for them on the field.

So, for me, it's a linebacker that adds toughness to a defense that frankly didn't scare anyone this season.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

So basically you want Lawrence Taylor?

Re-do Canty, Webster, Tuck, and Rolle's deal to save money. Sign Glenn Dorsey, and Sebastian Vollmer. Draft a top DE, CB, or OG in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'd love another LT, but I'm trying to be realistic as well......I'd settle for a dude that doesn't wait for the running back to be 6 yards downhill prior to the tackle.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

All the Giants fans I talk to seem to be stuck in the 1980s... that having a hard-hitting bunch of LB is the only proper way to dominate. I think the best way to improve the team is to get rid of the offensive excuse for a line we have in front of Eli (keep only Beatty, and Locklear if he's healthy), and get us an actual group of linemen.

Health would probably help, too.

All the Giants fans I talk to seem to be stuck in the 1980s... that having a hard-hitting bunch of LB is the only proper way to dominate. I think the best way to improve the team is to get rid of the offensive excuse for a line we have in front of Eli (keep only Beatty, and Locklear if he's healthy), and get us an actual group of linemen.
    Exactly. LBers are the least important unit on defense. Sure, the teams with dominant LBer corps have good defenses, but most run a 34, which predicated on LBer play.

Kevin Minter seems like he'd be available when the Giants are up in the 1st round.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664390

Minter is a physical downhill linebacker, who plays decisive and tough with an attacking play style. He shows little wasted movements and plays with an infectious intensity that his teammates feed off of, earning praise for his attitude on and off the field by the coaching staff. LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis has called Minter the team's top competitor, and, at the end-of-season banquet, Minter was voted by his teammates as the team's most valuable player. While Te'o appears to be the consensus top prospect at his position, it wouldn't be surprising if some teams rank Minter as the better inside linebacker
    I'd cream my jeans if the Giants snagged Khaseem Greene (OLB) in the 2nd round.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...khaseem-greene

Khaseem Greene had as dominating a two-year run as the Big East has seen in recent memory, leading the league in tackles with 10.45 per game. He's got 5.5 sacks, picked off two passes, and returned a fumble for a touchdown. In seven of the 12 games, he's had 10 or more tackles. And as a redshirt senior, he's one of the key leaders on the squad.

- Emlen Tunnell

3 new faces startign on the OL would be a good start.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Is that too much to ask? lol
    No one remembers who came in second.