+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Draft experts,slip,redeye, and others, I need help

Draft experts,slip,redeye, and others, I need help

I think corner is the way to go in the 1st, wouldnt mind DE , but I don't know who is going to be there, is corner deep in this draft? how about DE? thoughts....

Corner is deep in the sense that you can pick up a solid player in the mid rounds. I don't think the elite prospect talent is immediately visible like years prior if there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Corner is deep in the sense that you can pick up a solid player in the mid rounds. I don't think the elite prospect talent is immediately visible like years prior if there at all.
    can we get a player similar to Prince's skill level? id be happy with that

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Wich is why I think we don't go CB unless milliner or banks are there.....Webster seems like with his cap hit,he'll stick around....we can pick up a CB that'll be a better 4th cb in the 3rd round than we have on the team.....
    Also let's not forget that crap pass rush, kinda hard for the secondary when the front got no push.....
    DE,DT that can create pressure or a actual LB

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    can we get a player similar to Prince's skill level? id be happy with that
    Prince was a premiere prospect that fell in the QB flurry. At the moment, I don't see any CB like that, but doesn't mean one can't emerge. I always thought Casey Heyward was one of the better guys last year, he fell to the end of the second and was looking like he would at least challenge for DROY this past season.

I personally like Xavier Rhodes. Coming into the season, I had a lot of questions for him that larger CBs usually merit. He can be aggressive to a fault, but there are still some instances where I've seen him play heavy at the line and still be able to shadow a receiver down the field. A few more years of him playing the position, and I think he can round into a very good player in the NFL.

I think it may be a scenario like Steph Gilmore last year who came from a system that played primarily press bail, but his physical attributes were just too good to be passed up. As long as he stays healthy, I think Rhodes goes higher than where some people have him now.
    Last edited by penguinfarmer; 01-05-2013 at 07:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread