+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Ogletree ?

Alec Ogletree ?

I really don't watch any college football so all my knowledge is based off youtube videos and i would like to know what is so special about this kid. I only ask because i see a lot of people on here talk about him, but when i watch videos him it look like he gets pushed around a lot by OL and cant get off blocks. what makes him better than Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown.

Watched him play yesterday ... meh.

He's a converted safety who will likely run better than other inside linebackers and has a frame to gain significant weight.

But he is certainly a project

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Watched him play yesterday ... meh.
    He isnt the most physical LB. He is really explosive. When u keep blockers off him he can make a lot of plays. He is similar to UNC/Titans Zach Brown in some ways. Brown got a lot of flack from not being physical in college in fact I saw him nicknamed Pillow hands but that hasnt been the case and he played well this season in Tennessee. Ogletree has the ability to be an elite player can he change his mindset we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ny_STAT1989 View Post
    I really don't watch any college football so all my knowledge is based off youtube videos and i would like to know what is so special about this kid. I only ask because i see a lot of people on here talk about him, but when i watch videos him it look like he gets pushed around a lot by OL and cant get off blocks. what makes him better than Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown.
    Im not sure he is better than those guys, His measurables are better but he isnt as physical as those 2

Not the type of LB the Giants need. Also, i doubt he will be there at pick 19/20. I also double that LB will be out first pick. Looking for DE/CB/OL to be the GMens first pick

I see us going DE in the first round. What DE's are likely to be there at 19?

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    Not the type of LB the Giants need. Also, i doubt he will be there at pick 19/20. I also double that LB will be out first pick. Looking for DE/CB/OL to be the GMens first pick
    Well if they want to run the tampa 2, he may actually fit quite well. But they need dynamic OLBs to run that system well too.

is the Defense looking to run a Tampa 2?

I haven't heard if thats the plan. If so then yes given his athletic ability and frame he would be a good fit but i still dont see him being there when the giants pick at 19/20.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Well if they want to run the tampa 2, he may actually fit quite well. But they need dynamic OLBs to run that system well too.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    is the Defense looking to run a Tampa 2?
    They have been running one under Fewell.