+ Reply to Thread

My First Mock, Round 1-3 ... So Please, Be easy on me....

Below are my First 3 rounds of the NYG NFL Draft. I feel JR will always go with BPA or say he is... But I feel these players below, are BPA and do also fill A need. Unlike other Mocks I've seen, where DE goes #1 by Jr and Co...I feel ILB will be #1, DE#2 then OLine #3 for our first 3 rounds.

ROUND 1:
    And with the 19th pick in the 2013 draft, the NY Giants select
    Alexander Ogletree, DS #999 FB, Georgia

Gonna roll with ILB Alec Ogletree He's 6'3, 232.

He is projected late Middle of R1 17-20 pick overall. Most early Mocks by experts are off 3-5 slots from middle to end of R1 with these eary projections. Im hoping this trend continues, as this Junior just declared recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMenVpuvW8U
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8
    If Ogle gone on this Spot, Look for project DE from BYU E-Ziggy Ansah

We got killed and exposed this year with lack of solid Interior speed and tackling ability. We need speed, strenght, ability to cover across the middle, as opposed to chasing a TE across the middle from behind, as well as Quick, Strong ILB to fill and close those gaps. I'm Tired of these TE/Wr setting records vs our defense. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEPyfk6zwTQ This guy has great instincs and will grip'em and rip'em to the ground both on defense and Special Teams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEPyfk6zwTQ. He had an issue

Ogletree broke his foot during the first quarter of Georgia's season opener vs. Boise State. He missed the following six games, returning for the Florida game on October 29. Against #1 LSU in the2011 SEC Championship Game, he recorded 6 tackles including two for a loss, 1 sack and recovered a 1st quarter onside kick. In a little over 8 games, Ogletree finished the 2011 season with 52 tackles (6.5 per game) including 7.5 for a loss, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and a pass deflection that was intercepted.

Appearing in nine regular-season games for the Bulldogs in 2012, Ogletree recorded 98 tackles, including 8.5 tackles for loss, and two sacks. Ogletree intercepted one pass, while breaking up five more and also returned a blocked field goal for a touchdown in 2012.Ogletree capped off his Georgia career on Tuesday, as the Bulldogs defeated the Nebraska Cornhuskers in the Capital One Bowl, 45-31.

ROUND 2:
    And with the 49th pick in the 2013 draft, the NY Giants select
    Margus Hunt, DS #4 DE, Southern Methodist

Gonna roll with DE from SMU Marcus Hunt. Hunt is 6'8" and 280.

This White Boy reminds me of a lot of JJWatt... Feroucious Energy and desire to make the play both on the Dline and Special Teams. This dude can block FG's and PAT's as he totaled (17) in all thruout his career. Hes projected in mid 2nd round and depending on how many QB taken in R2, (3 projected), i feel 2nd round Marqus makes it to the 49th' pick overall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXIV8LYURsc

SMU coach June Jones walked out of Aloha Stadium with another win Saturday, thanks largely to a disruptive performance by defensive end Margus Hunt that set the tone for the Mustangs' 43-10 win over Fresno State in the Hawaii Bowl. Hunt, the 6-foot-8 senior from Estonia with an 82-inch wing span, forced two fumbles that led to field goals and sacked Derek Carr for a safety as SMU (7-6) built a 22-0 halftime lead and never looked back. 12/24/12 - PLAYERS TO WATCH: For SMU defensive end Margus Hunt, 2009 was his first year of playing football. His only previous football experience consisted of playing NFL video games. Hunt set an SMU single-season record and tied for second in NCAA history with seven blocked kicks (4 FG, 3 PAT) as a freshman. He now has 17 career blocked kicks (10 FGs, 7 PATs), which ties for second in NCAA history (record is 19). The seven career blocked PATs rank second in the NCAA Record Book (record is eight). He has made his mark at defensive end as well, earning First-Team All-C-USA honors in 2012 and rolling up 14.5 career sacks and 24.5 career TFL. He has also accepted an invitation to play in the 2013 Senior Bowl. - SMU football

Named the No. 1 athletic "freak" in college football by CBSSports.com

Junior (2011): Named All-C-USA honorable mention... Was a dominant force in the BBVA Compass Bowl win, notching three sacks and five total tackles... Had 28 tackles, including 7.5 for loss on the year... Had a team-high four blocked kicks on the year... Blocked a pair of PATs in the season opener at Texas A&M... Recorded blocked field goals against UTEP and Northwestern State.

ROUND 3:

And with the 81'st pick in the 2013 draft, the NY Giants select
    Brennan Williams, DS #6 OT, North Carolina

Gonna roll with Right OT Brennan Williams. Williams is 6'7" and 315 LBS.
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=OT

He's 6'7 315# Senior. This is 1st round talent, going in the 3rd round due to an injury. The risk to reward is great IMO as you can solidify your RT spot for years to come. He was projected 2nd best OT from reports i read, until the torn Labrum in late October. Draft him in new Projected mid 3rd round and let him Heal as Homie wants to get Mean and nasty prior to 2012 season http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lShKA_hyq3U

10/26/12 - North Carolina starting offensive tackle Brennan Williams will miss the remainder of his senior season after surgery Thursday to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder, team spokesman Kevin Best announced. Williams hasn't played at 100% for much of the season and further injured his shoulder in the fourth quarter against Duke last Saturday. Williams currently ranks as NFLDraftScout.com's No. 2 senior offensive tackle and 38th prospect overall. At 6-7, 310 pounds, Williams has surprisingly light feet for his size with the length and frame to start on the right side in the NFL. He hadn't played with the same aggressiveness or consistent mean streak as of late, but the shoulder issue looks to be the culprit. In his latest mock draft, Rob Rang had the Tar Heels senior tackle slotted to the San Francisco 49ers in the late first round. In last Saturday's loss to Duke, Williams played the first three quarters, but left the field a minute into the fourth quarter, clutching his left arm. Senior starting right guard Travis Bond moved over to tackle for the final quarter against the Blue Devils and is expected to man the right tackle position for the remainder of the season. Bond is NFLDraftScout.com's No. 7 ranked senior offensive guard for the 2013 NFL Draft. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

Last edited by VEGAS-NYG-FAN; 01-05-2013 at 05:04 PM.

I'm pretty high on Ogletree and Williams myself. Hunt I like, but not in love with. Mainly because he'll be a 26 year old rookie and two b/c his production never really matched his athleticsim

I see a Lot of followers now high on Alec as I have been for a while... Most NFL Scouts will compare what Alec did vs Bama compared to Mante and will pass on Teo' for Ogle IMHO. The combine will help Teo' if he can dominate there.... As he slips into the Mid Teens teams will take a shot at the so called #1 LB bc of what his combine provides.... Im curious to see the LB class TY and I cant wait for that day to be honest... Im hoping Alec doesnt have the greatest combine as i relly want him and if he dominates the combine, which i think he will, i feel he moves up and we wont get him unless we move up, which isnt our M.O.

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS-NYG-FAN View Post
    I see a Lot of followers now high on Alec as I have been for a while... Most NFL Scouts will compare what Alec did vs Bama compared to Mante and will pass on Teo' for Ogle IMHO. The combine will help Teo' if he can dominate there.... As he slips into the Mid Teens teams will take a shot at the so called #1 LB bc of what his combine provides.... Im curious to see the LB class TY and I cant wait for that day to be honest... Im hoping Alec doesnt have the greatest combine as i relly want him and if he dominates the combine, which i think he will, i feel he moves up and we wont get him unless we move up, which isnt our M.O.
    I have been high on him all year.

LOVE Rd 1 and Rd 3. Not really a guy I'm looking at in Rd 2 though.