Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    All-Pro NYG4lifeNYK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    12,636

    Question Kenny Phillips doesn't like the scheme Fewell runs? Hasn't for the past few seasons?

    assuming that the reports over the last two years robbieballs2003 : 2:14 pm

    saying Phillips doesn't like this scheme are true he will not be back unless we have a new DC.



    Any truth to this?
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 01-05-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

    I'm ALL IN are you?

    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

    #80 - Get well soon Vic

  2. #2
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    7,474
    It wouldn't come as a huge surprise, I would imagine there are quite a few defensive players that don't like the scheme. Most defensive players have a very aggressive personality and the PF defense, is about reacting to the offense rather than dictating.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

  3. #3
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,743
    Can I see these reports?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    assuming that the reports over the last two years robbieballs2003 : 2:14 pm

    saying Phillips doesn't like this scheme are true he will not be back unless we have a new DC.



    Any truth to this?
    Your source on this is a poster on another message board?

  5. #5
    All-Pro NYG4lifeNYK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    12,636
    KP is one of my favorite players on the team.... I've been in this guys corner evr since we drafted him. He's over come every obstacle thrown his way. All the knee issues, surguries and that has not stopped him from becoming a top safety.

    I would be so saddened to see him in another uniform.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

    I'm ALL IN are you?

    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

    #80 - Get well soon Vic

  6. #6
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,743
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Your source on this is a poster on another message board?
    Citing -- at the moment -- fictitious reports.

  7. #7
    All-Pro NYG4lifeNYK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    12,636
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Your source on this is a poster on another message board?
    It's not that hard to figure out what's being asked here, yes.

    Never stated anything, merely asked a question.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

    I'm ALL IN are you?

    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

    #80 - Get well soon Vic

  8. #8
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,743
    No, not true. I doubt the Phillips circle would leak any information like this out, because there's no way we fire a coach to re-sign a player, especially one who's health is a question mark. If Phillips really doesn't like Fewell, his scheme, or whatever, no one is forcing him to entertain offers from the Giants.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    It's not that hard to figure out what's being asked here, yes.

    Never stated anything, merely asked a question.
    You said it has been reported of the past 2 years that Phillips doesn't like playing in Fewell's scheme. I haven't seen anything like that reported. So I don't believe that Fewell being the DC will have any impact on KP's decision.

  10. #10
    All-Pro NYG4lifeNYK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    12,636
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    You said it has been reported of the past 2 years that Phillips doesn't like playing in Fewell's scheme. I haven't seen anything like that reported. So I don't believe that Fewell being the DC will have any impact on KP's decision.
    In one post you acknowledge I'm citing another poster from another message board and now you claim those are my reports....?
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

    I'm ALL IN are you?

    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

    #80 - Get well soon Vic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts