+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: This KP hates the scheme talk

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    My only problem with the tag is it doesn't guarantee we keep the player. In Cruz's case, if they don't sign him now, and he stays, we will almost surely lise him or Nicks next season.
    But if we lose the guy, we're being compensated pretty well. If we don't, it's 2.8 million.

Now if a majority of the defense begins to express their dislike of Fewells scheme... What do you think Coughlin/Reese/Giants do?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    Now if a majority of the defense begins to express their dislike of Fewells scheme... What do you think Coughlin/Reese/Giants do?
    Stick their fingers in their ears?

I remember Webster speaking out saying he hated playing soft coverage so much and that was the problems of why they were giving up so many plays. Nothing changed.

Veteran
    Slip I agree but i think with all the fa's and jpp and hakeem soon to come we move on from KP. But most of all for this reason - brown excelled and Hill flashed. Im not saying they both play a deep center like KP but a degenerative knee is not something to shrug at. I think getting slightly burned by t2 and the emergence of two other players will keep the gmen from offering a deal that he can't get somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I can say KP has complained a couple times the past couple years about how frequently he is used deep middle, and how rarely the ball comes his way.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1137329

But that isnt KP being upset about the scheme, rather being upset how often he was played in that role. Rolle was very poor as a deep safety, so fewell did not use him much there, instead depending really almost exclusively on KP there.

But with the show Stevie Brown put on this season playing deep middle, Fewell now has a guy who can split those snaps with KP, and let KP spend much more time up involved in the action.

Of course both KP and Brown are FAs, but them both coming back would be mutually beneficial to both.
    Ideally U cut Rolle and keep Phillips and Brown Will Hill and draft another guy. This is a nice safety class 1 of them is bound to fall. Rambo with his character concerns may drop Giants can pounce

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Hixon was one of Reese's early "projects." I think both have benefited from the relationship.
    Hixon was a scrap heap guy and has turned it into a productive NFL career

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    Kenny Phillps said everything I would want him to say, he want's to make plays and be near the action. He has the ability to be that kind of safety, but as long as Rolle is here I think Fewell will use Phillips as a centerfielder to defend the deep ball and anything over the middle.
    When Phillips was playing and was the deep man the Giants held opponents to 18 ppg . he is the best 1 suited for the role

Veteran
    Hixon started with broncos went to bills - was involved in a very serious helmet to helmet hit and then bounced to gmen. Good scouting by Reese to stick with a guy. WHy does everyone think scouting is for college alone?

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    I guarantee you even Plax wishes he could come back... Shockey as well.
    Shockey won a Super Bowl with the Saints...

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Hixon started with broncos went to bills - was involved in a very serious helmet to helmet hit and then bounced to gmen. Good scouting by Reese to stick with a guy. WHy does everyone think scouting is for college alone?
    At the risk of being too picky--
    Hixon was involved in the helmet-to-helmet hit (he was the one who was hit during a kick return but was not injured--the player doing the hitting was the one seriously hurt) as a Bronco in a game against the Bills. He was never a Bill.

+ Reply to Thread