+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy Should have taken a chance on Vontaze Burfict.... :(

Would of got such a huge steal.... never understood why we would shy away from players with character issues as we have the coaching staff and leadership to "right them"

Hindsight is always 20/20 However whenever a guy with potential like that drops so low I feel we should grab them everytime with the stable organization we have. Instead of picking a huge project that likely won't amount to much.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

He's not too shabby but let's not act like the kid is a beast or anything. Well, anyone playing next to Maulaluga will look like a stud.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

This season it will be Tyrann Mathieu, who I I really like and want

so many late round picks turn into crap, wich is why taking a chance on a guy like Burfict in the 6th or 7th is the right thing to do....
    I believe in taking BPA,especialy late in the draft, no projects..

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    so many late round picks turn into crap, wich is why taking a chance on a guy like Burfict in the 6th or 7th is the right thing to do....
    I believe in taking BPA,especialy late in the draft, no projects..
    Exactly.... especially with our organization.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    He's not too shabby but let's not act like the kid is a beast or anything. Well, anyone playing next to Maulaluga will look like a stud.
    Let's not act like he wouldn't be a WELCOME addition to our weak LB corps lol
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

Veteran
    Lets be clear here - Burfict was a monster in high school and flashed some great talent in college. He was a NIGHTMARE mentally and then got the label (partially from mayock shockingly) that he was undiscplined in his game too. Not sure i agreed with him. But this guy fell from 1st rounder to undrafted - thats unreal. But i simply can't fault the gmen for passing on a known headcase. Now hindsight is 20 20, and enigma id argue he is in fact looking beastly - he had 20 tackles last week and as a rookie has been very good starting - thats rare for a rookie. Look the gmen went this route with austin(off field issues) and AB - sometimes it pans out - sometimes you end up with pacman jones (good and bad).

Seriously, for once, upgrade the linebacker positions this year, no more cheap free agents or 5th round picks.

Let's just wait a little longer before placing the crown on his head. He's certainly done better than I expected but you don't think it helps slightly to have Geno Atkins in front of you or one of the worst MLBs next to him to boost his tackles?
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Lets be clear here - Burfict was a monster in high school and flashed some great talent in college. He was a NIGHTMARE mentally and then got the label (partially from mayock shockingly) that he was undiscplined in his game too. Not sure i agreed with him. But this guy fell from 1st rounder to undrafted - thats unreal. But i simply can't fault the gmen for passing on a known headcase. Now hindsight is 20 20, and enigma id argue he is in fact looking beastly - he had 20 tackles last week and as a rookie has been very good starting - thats rare for a rookie. Look the gmen went this route with austin(off field issues) and AB - sometimes it pans out - sometimes you end up with pacman jones (good and bad).
    How can you justify not bringing in a guy with that much talent in say a round 6 or 7? Much less not taking him an an UDFA.

Just sucks because I want some damn LBers...... it's painful remembering our physical defense of old which revolved around our dominating LB corps....
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?