+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1

    Unhappy Should have taken a chance on Vontaze Burfict.... :(

    Would of got such a huge steal.... never understood why we would shy away from players with character issues as we have the coaching staff and leadership to "right them"


    Hindsight is always 20/20 However whenever a guy with potential like that drops so low I feel we should grab them everytime with the stable organization we have. Instead of picking a huge project that likely won't amount to much.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

    ...This fickle fan base is clueless...
    I am highly critical of other fans. I speak my mind

  2. #2
    He's not too shabby but let's not act like the kid is a beast or anything. Well, anyone playing next to Maulaluga will look like a stud.

  3. #3
    This season it will be Tyrann Mathieu, who I I really like and want

  4. #4
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,912
    so many late round picks turn into crap, wich is why taking a chance on a guy like Burfict in the 6th or 7th is the right thing to do....
    I believe in taking BPA,especialy late in the draft, no projects..

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    so many late round picks turn into crap, wich is why taking a chance on a guy like Burfict in the 6th or 7th is the right thing to do....
    I believe in taking BPA,especialy late in the draft, no projects..
    Exactly.... especially with our organization.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

    ...This fickle fan base is clueless...
    I am highly critical of other fans. I speak my mind

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    He's not too shabby but let's not act like the kid is a beast or anything. Well, anyone playing next to Maulaluga will look like a stud.
    Let's not act like he wouldn't be a WELCOME addition to our weak LB corps lol
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

    ...This fickle fan base is clueless...
    I am highly critical of other fans. I speak my mind

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,098
    Lets be clear here - Burfict was a monster in high school and flashed some great talent in college. He was a NIGHTMARE mentally and then got the label (partially from mayock shockingly) that he was undiscplined in his game too. Not sure i agreed with him. But this guy fell from 1st rounder to undrafted - thats unreal. But i simply can't fault the gmen for passing on a known headcase. Now hindsight is 20 20, and enigma id argue he is in fact looking beastly - he had 20 tackles last week and as a rookie has been very good starting - thats rare for a rookie. Look the gmen went this route with austin(off field issues) and AB - sometimes it pans out - sometimes you end up with pacman jones (good and bad).

  8. #8
    Seriously, for once, upgrade the linebacker positions this year, no more cheap free agents or 5th round picks.

  9. #9
    Let's just wait a little longer before placing the crown on his head. He's certainly done better than I expected but you don't think it helps slightly to have Geno Atkins in front of you or one of the worst MLBs next to him to boost his tackles?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Lets be clear here - Burfict was a monster in high school and flashed some great talent in college. He was a NIGHTMARE mentally and then got the label (partially from mayock shockingly) that he was undiscplined in his game too. Not sure i agreed with him. But this guy fell from 1st rounder to undrafted - thats unreal. But i simply can't fault the gmen for passing on a known headcase. Now hindsight is 20 20, and enigma id argue he is in fact looking beastly - he had 20 tackles last week and as a rookie has been very good starting - thats rare for a rookie. Look the gmen went this route with austin(off field issues) and AB - sometimes it pans out - sometimes you end up with pacman jones (good and bad).
    How can you justify not bringing in a guy with that much talent in say a round 6 or 7? Much less not taking him an an UDFA.

    Just sucks because I want some damn LBers...... it's painful remembering our physical defense of old which revolved around our dominating LB corps....
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

    ...This fickle fan base is clueless...
    I am highly critical of other fans. I speak my mind

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts