+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: With FA looming, Let's compile a list of former Giants who committed 'career suicide'

Veteran
    Hmm drez - didnt we cut him lose but then offer him a new deal - which was .5 less? I mean i think i understand your logic and perhaps bjac had a huge ego hit but ultimately that money was gone and then he didn't get many offers and took .5 more to go to a place where they were back heavy - or am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    I'm not saying I blame them but he does qualify for the list of players who went no where after they departed.
    Oh he went somewhere - right to the BANK over the next 2 years with tons of money from the raiders and dolphins.

Gibril was set for life with millions more than he would have made w the GMEN. I totally get what your point of the thread is but I would hardly lump him in w he career suicide crowd.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Hmm drez - didnt we cut him lose but then offer him a new deal - which was .5 less? I mean i think i understand your logic and perhaps bjac had a huge ego hit but ultimately that money was gone and then he didn't get many offers and took .5 more to go to a place where they were back heavy - or am i missing something?
    No, you have the right of it. However, from his perspective, it could be seen as taking an even larger pay cut to stay here (as in, the Giants didn't value him enough to pay him his original contract, and now they want to pay even less than another team).

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Exactly I wouldn't call 24 mil guaranteed career suicide at all. Kinda seems like smart business to me.
    Considering he blew out his knee in '10, it was a smart decision.

If you left your current employer for a big payday, one that you were never gonna get from your current employer, would you consider it career suicide. Sometimes people forget that this is employment for these players. Just like any other job, you try to put your family in the most secure position.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    If you left your current employer for a big payday, one that you were never gonna get from your current employer, would you consider it career suicide. Sometimes people forget that this is employment for these players. Just like any other job, you try to put your family in the most secure position.
    Exactly this thread fails to take into account that this is a business. And as great as winning championship are making as much money as possible is the ultimate goal for most of these guys.

Veteran
    I see the ego hit for bjac - but at some point he has to realize that money is gone, im not getting offers and in san fran its gonna be hard to get pt. In Ny for .5 less (which is certainly a big hit) i can play and maybe get a new contract after. I think bjac wanted to get back at the giants and he had a small chance in san fran just didnt pan out. Be interesting to see what happens to him this offseason. Anyone want him back at vet min? Or for 1mil?

You act like these players made a bad decision, when actually most of the players you list had no choice as the Giants really didn't pursue them.

Oh and I'm pretty sure if you ask Coefield, he's pretty happy right now.

All-Pro
    Kevin dockery left for greener pastures after the 07 season and fell off from there.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    Also James Butler and Kameika Mitchell from same season. Oh and I forgot Reggie Tabor
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread