+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    How can shockey win another - he isnt in league.
    He was referring to Cofield, not Shockey.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    But the title of the thread is career suicide. Cofield surely did not do that.
    That's true now that they have RG3 but again he could of won another ring.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by SimmsandLT View Post
    He could possibly win another this year....
    LOL.... come on man.

Not a chance in hell
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    I wouldn't say Rio had a decent year at all, even before the injury. You really think he enjoyed going from Eli Mannign to Alex Smith? lol

Ah right, forgot he released Luke.

Can't blame Tollefson but Gibril had it good here. His career was over once he went the Oakland. Although he had his best season with them.... just no team success. have to wonder if he regrets that decision.
    Its hard to blame a guy like Gibril for taking the money. A team was willing to pay him way more than he was worth. With such a limited shelf life in this league you have to take the money when you get the chance and I would do the same if it was me. It is a job for these guys after all

Veteran
    aha excusem me.

As for rio in 12 games he had 42 catches - last year in 12 games he had 39. Yards are close, more td's with gmen. Would he rather play with eli over colin - im sure but he was (pre injury) on a more successful team and was a big part of it. I believe there second leading receiver (although te had more). Still he got more money and team went further. Maybe he goes further with blue but i cant blame him for taking the money.

Gibril got the classic overpay coming off a superbowl win - took the money and ran west, cant blame him. Again the success for them is getting that pay day and setting up there lives, then the winning aspect. It may be true that more winning you do the better money success you can have too but they really cant wait on that and the late pick guys (like gibril) who dont have BIG TIME first contracts have to take advantage of there big payday opps, they usually only come once.

Manningham has done fine and could win another ring, Cofield has done great, Plax had a good season with the Jets, Shockey got another ring, Boss got hurt, Smith got hurt, Goff was never that good to begin with...

What are the qualifiers for "career suicide", exactly?

LOL.... come on man.

Not a chance in hell
    The Skins are in the playoffs, so like everyone else in the playoffs, they have a chance

Veteran
    LOL.... come on man.

Not a chance in hell
    said every non giant fan in 07 and 11

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I'm sure every team has a similar sized list.
    Probably so which makes my point that you don't win championships by signing other teams' free agents. The hit on the cap is great and the number of success stories is small compared with failures. Build through the draft and with "little" FA signings.

PS I'm not sure where the OP gets that Ron Dayne did well after his departure. If he did well, the bar is set very low.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Its hard to blame a guy like Gibril for taking the money. A team was willing to pay him way more than he was worth. With such a limited shelf life in this league you have to take the money when you get the chance and I would do the same if it was me. It is a job for these guys after all
    I'm not saying I blame them but he does qualify for the list of players who went no where after they departed.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic