+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mock Draft boards have us taking: BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Well that's not in contention with anything I said. It's pretty much on par with what I feel his strengths as a better run defender than rusher. If he becomes a consistent double digit sack player in the NFL, I will be surprised. His strength is in the run game with 13 TFLs. That in itself merits it's own respective evaluation. Saying his tape is a clone of JPP is not only unfair, but incredibly erroneous.

Heres the stats from JPPS season at SFLA and EZ ANSAHS at BYU this past season

JPP= 45tackles, 6.5sacks, 16.5TFL, 1INT, 2FF...

Ansahs= 62tackles, 4.5sacks, 13TFL, 1INT, Also lead the team with 8QB Hurries..

They both are dynamic players, and Ansah has Kyle Van Noy on his team, who also hogs some of the stats...

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Ansah is much quicker to me than jpp is. But ansah does not have the balance and the bend that Jpp has.
    No one said there twins, but there similar.. Similar size, similar rawness with bigtime potential, and similar take over game potential, and length..etc Theres similarties is all...

The term used was "clone". And again, those are situational similarities with their history in football, raw athleticism, etc. etc.. In terms of how they approach the same position is different. JPP is a leverage artist dipping into his man and using his length to continuously cut the angle between him and the ball. Ansah is more of a rip, chop and rush player who uses his incredible power and length to drive through. If I had to pick an NFL comparison, I think of more 34 ends as a point of reference before coming to JPP. Just different ways to skin the cat. And I never said he was a less productive or efficient player than JPP, but their tapes don't look similar at all as previously alluded to.

+ Reply to Thread