+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Not really, it was nearly unanimous that we were going Dan Connor when we took KP.
    I remember it being about 50/50.

    Then the Giants passed on Connor in the first AND second rounds. Shows what the mock drafters know.

  2. #12
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by GIANTS740ilbmw View Post
    12/16/2012 - 2012 FBS ALL-INDEPENDENT FIRST TEAM: DL Ezekiel Ansah (Sr.), BYU, has been selected First Team All-Independent for the 2012 college football season by members of a nationwide media panel, which includes equal representation from each of the independent institutions' coverage markets. The senior from Ghana has emerged as a top defender on BYU's third-ranked defense, allowing 266.3 yards per game. Ansah has 57 tackles and is second on the team with 13.0 tackles for loss. He adds 4.5 sacks, eight pass breakups and six quarterback hurries.

    draftcountdown.com
    nfldraftscout.com
    I would love to see us grab david amerson if he is still there in the second

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I remember it being about 50/50.

    Then the Giants passed on Connor in the first AND second rounds. Shows what the mock drafters know.
    1 thing that we wont know is how these guys interview and the extent of the medicals till after the draft. As hard as i try i still cant come up with all the information

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    I know what your saying and I get tired of the comparisons too but I gotta be honest When I watch tape of Ansah I can't see a difference between his tape and JPP's. They're practically clones.
    Seriously? Ansah didn't have the quickness, burst or chase down speed of JPP at USF. Pierre Paul looked incredibly frenetic on the field [both good and bad]. I don't know how that translates to them being clones.

    And that's hardly a shot at Ansah nor am I saying he's a bad pick. He is absolutely bullish in strength. He looks like he can be a very good 6T LE in the NFL. But even if he inherits more pass rushing moves, I don't think he'll be an elite rusher off the edge.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Seriously? Ansah didn't have the quickness, burst or chase down speed of JPP at USF. Pierre Paul looked incredibly frenetic on the field [both good and bad]. I don't know how that translates to them being clones.

    And that's hardly a shot at Ansah nor am I saying he's a bad pick. He is absolutely bullish in strength. He looks like he can be a very good 6T LE in the NFL. But even if he inherits more pass rushing moves, I don't think he'll be an elite rusher off the edge.
    JPP isnt an elite off the edge rusher either , He has gotten to big. Last year when JPP had 16.5 sacks almost all of them were effort sacks where QB's just held the ball to long.JPP also finished his pressures at an incredible rate. JPP will need to improve his interior pass rushing ability where he will have a quickness advantage against guards if he hopes to ever come close to those sack numbers.
    Ansah is a lot like Quinton Coples in style of player. In fact Ansah is primarily a 5 tech not the 3-4 OLB that most just assume he is on BYU. I could see a 3-4 team drafting Ansah. What Ansah would bring to the Giants is a fantastic run defender. Pairing up with JPP would go a long way in shutting down the run games on the edges. Ansahs non stop motor and length would also help in defending the screen and short passing attacks. Ansah took a lot of snaps inside this season. When the Giants defense was at its best Justin Tuck was a disruptive force as a pass rusher at Tackle. Ansah would possibly give that back to the giants.
    I do agree Ansah isnt an elite edge rushing type and I think that would still be a need. Giants could get creative with that. They could find an elite blitzing LB or an undersized situational end.

  6. #16
    Well that's not in contention with anything I said. It's pretty much on par with what I feel his strengths as a better run defender than rusher. If he becomes a consistent double digit sack player in the NFL, I will be surprised. His strength is in the run game with 13 TFLs. That in itself merits it's own respective evaluation. Saying his tape is a clone of JPP is not only unfair, but incredibly erroneous.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Well that's not in contention with anything I said. It's pretty much on par with what I feel his strengths as a better run defender than rusher. If he becomes a consistent double digit sack player in the NFL, I will be surprised. His strength is in the run game with 13 TFLs. That in itself merits it's own respective evaluation. Saying his tape is a clone of JPP is not only unfair, but incredibly erroneous.
    He has only played Football for 2 years so he could stilll become a better pass rusher.Your right he isnt going to be bending the corner and sacking the QB but JPP doesnt do that either. Ansah gets pressure on the QB the same way JPP does now.
    I think Ansah could become a great threat as a rusher on the interior. Justin Tuck was 2nd in the NFL in pressures from 2008-2010 and he wasnt an edge rusher either so u dont necessarily have to be that kind of guy to get to the QB.

  8. #18
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,803
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Actually the year ew drafted KP and Nicks, every other mock out there had us taking them
    he=ll no! There were Brian Robiske claims out there, Darius Heyward Bey, Percy Harvin...etc If u don't remember , the boards were mad worried about us taking Bey, becuause there were rumours out there we liked em alot.. Theres always a handful of guys linked to teams when there drafting down that far in the 1st, as u don't know whos gonna be there to begin with, so u have to have a handful of scenarios to play throughout ur head...

  9. #19
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He has only played Football for 2 years so he could stilll become a better pass rusher.Your right he isnt going to be bending the corner and sacking the QB but JPP doesnt do that either. Ansah gets pressure on the QB the same way JPP does now.
    I think Ansah could become a great threat as a rusher on the interior. Justin Tuck was 2nd in the NFL in pressures from 2008-2010 and he wasnt an edge rusher either so u dont necessarily have to be that kind of guy to get to the QB.
    Do these people remember JPP only had 6sacks in his yr at S FLORIDA??lol Sure, it was enough to see the potential, and he added in other things to fill out his stat line ala EZ ANSAH, but as far as sacks, neither really stood out there yr before entering the draft..

    Ansah has alot of similarities to JPP coming out, and thats why so many people are saying that, becuase its true..

  10. #20
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,387
    Ansah is much quicker to me than jpp is. But ansah does not have the balance and the bend that Jpp has.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts